Baltic Nations

Snauhi said:
Estonians were fighting with the German army had swastikas on them and they were fighting for freedom 1944 when the German army was crashed but from 1941-1943 they were fighting to conquer Soviet Union..

could you please rewrite it.. it is really hard to understand what you exactly mean, because i don`t want to misinterpret anything... punctuation could help..

IMO anything published in russia has a quite misty value

Snaui you should change that flag to the Russian one to avoid confusion. Even while in the US I selected my nationality for the flag to avoid confusion.

So because their govt sided witht he Nazi's, millions of civilians deserved to die? Well then, better call up those Swedes, they're short a few million at least.

Snauhi said:
they were on nazis side, so that means that they deserved what they got.

Almost in every country in Europe there was people that supported the nazi´s, directly or indirectly.This means that all this countries should have suffered Stalin´s represion? The soviet represion did have anything to do with the support baltics nations made to the nazi´s, and i will explain you why: it was because they did not want to became comunist. Stalin also represed a lot o ethnical minorities like people from Siberia, Kazajastan,Kayikistan,Chechenia...............and many many more and they did not support the nazi´s or fougth with the Wermatch.

Estonians were fighting with the German army had swastikas on them and they were fighting for freedom 1944 when the German army was crashed but from 1941-1943 they were fighting to conquer Soviet Union.

The Poles had swastikas on a lot of their badges when the Nazis invaded. The Finns had them on their aircraft. It was a common symbol -- either of the sun, or luck -- before the Nazis perverted it. It was used in English architecture where it was called a fylfot. There's a big bronze Buddha from the 15th century at the Royal Ontario Museum witha swastika on its chest. So now maybe Buddha was a Nazi? Maybe that was Goering's secret identity!

And being "liberated" by the USSR is like being "medically treated" by Dr Kevorkian.

And no not everyone who served in the German army were nazis, but it doesent matter because they fought in Werhmact.

So what do you do when you are a little Baltic country caught between two superpowers? They were invaded. I suppose that means that since the USSR and Nazi Germany were allies when they invaded and carved up Poland, then the USSR were really Nazis, and they deserved what they got during the war.

And while we're at it, I suppose the US were all pinko commies because they were allied with the USSR against the Nazis...

It doesn't matter that Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland had only been independent for 20 years. They were part of the old Russian Empire; when the Empire collapsed, then they took the opportunity to declare their sovereignty. In actual fact, the nation that invaded them -- the USSR -- was little older, having only been formed in 1917. So it was one young nation attacking a bunch of other young nations.

No people -- and I mean the actual people, the John or Hans or Ivan Q. Publics of the world -- deserve to have war and devastation visited upon them. But the Fuehrers and Duces and Comrade Secretaries should be all "trinitied", Manhattan-style. It would be nice if the Stalins and Hitlers of the world actually led their armies from the front. The wars might be shorter and less bloody.

And you'll note no smilies because the only reason my tongue is in my cheek at all is because I'm biting it.

Back