Bali bomb attacks claim 26 lives

RAInf said:
Absolute bullsh*t. During the time of their trsunami, we (Australia) were pouring in money, aid and troops to help them. During that time they sentenced the mastermind of the first bali bombings which killed 88 Aussie to only 30 months prison!! and an Aussie girl to 20 years from some marijuanna! (which is not even proved!) That country is a joke.

Does that ratify the actions taken?

the death toll is up to 32 now. RIP those killed by this atrocity,

our hearts and prayers go out to the families involved.

those :cen: JI morons as work again

my heart goes out to those caught in the blast, thier family and those who have to treat them.

you do have to remeber that Indonesia is predominantly a Muslim country, so there are different laws etc. yes bashir should have gotten more, but i can understand why he got so little, the chanrge (conspiracy) is a lot less worse than actually pushing the button.

he will get his comeupance eventaully

Absolutley stunned that it has happened again.
After the previous one and all the ripple on affect damage it has done to Bali and its people, I cannot fathom how they can allow it to happen again.
With Aussie school holidays on and many families holidaying over there, now on the return this will absolutley destroy any credibility Bali has of being a holiday destination.
Especially as we have been doing the right thing, showing support and going back there.
Indonesians! BAH!
As of last night ADF teams were sent over to help out and evacuate the seriously injured.

I too am pissed, after all that money and help with have given Bali this happens once again.
BASTARDS!

no, just pissed at the radicals within Indonesia and the system that continues to allow them to operate

Yeah I feel sorry for a lot of the people in Indonesia, especially Bali. They rely on tourism to live. Australians seem to be the primary source of tourism to the place, and now these otherwise innocent Hindu people are being ruined by Muslim extremists.

Has anyone seen the footage shortly before the blast, they actually show one of the terrorists. He's walking around all these people, trying to enjoy themselves, and still the gutless coward has the ability to detonate a bomb. If I can find it on the net I'll post a link.

i saw that footage last night, the guy walked right through tourist famalies eating and children playing and he still walked right on in and blew himself up, these people are evil :cen:

i wish the media would quit showing it already, yes it happened on the weekend, but little kids watch TV, and they haven't even put any disclaimers, sure, you dont see any bloodied corpses, but still, who wants to expose thier kid to terrorist actions while they are still just kids. that, and replaying it on the news only reinforces thier belief that these actions will give them and thier "cause" news coverage.

it doesn't help that the indonesian gov't doesn't seem to be doing anything to stop these people at all. this lack of action on terrorism, added to some extreme drug laws mean you would have to be absolutely nuts to even consider travelling to indonesia. i know i wouldn't go there, except maybe if you paid me. the governements lack of action will drive away tourists, which will deal a heavy blow to the tourism that so many rely on. really smart thinking fellas :roll:

The Indonesian government is not shy about how it treats its people as has been witnessed on TV numerous times in the past. Why do they drag their feet when prosecuting criminals?

Time for the Indonesian government to show some backbone. Time to execute the previous lot of Bali bombers on death row and reinstate the sentence of the JI figure head or may be its time for a public execution....wouldn't that be nice :twisted: we could even schedule it for prime time tv :twisted:

"Crucifixion?" "yes." "line on the left one cross each"
Monte Python's "Life of Brian"

Here's a conspiracy theory for you....was this lot Government sponsored like the Militia in Timor???

I know the Government and the Indonesian Army has a shady backgorund in human rights, but I don't think they would be stupid enough to sponsor terrorisim.

I was shocked that it happened again - and apparently no-one knew! I think the knowledge that no-one knew it was going to happen makes the even doubly disturbing.

From my understanding, until very recently the Indonesian government did not acknowledge that JI even existed. It doesn't seem like the Indonesian government is supporting JI overtly, like they did with the militia in East Timor, but they haven't done anything to stop them.

RIP.

Back