Baker Act

Jaz

Hi I'm currently 22yrs old and I have been trying to join the Military(Army) since I was 13. The reason I haven't gotten in is because at the age of 18 my parents placed a baker act on me for no reason in all honestly. I went for a walk and they thought it was stupid to go walking at 11 so I was placed with this..long story short I got out of the hospital in 2 days with no symptoms(like I said I was fine). Now I do not wanna lie but when I asked for my medical documents it states that my parents had said that I was hallucinating and that I had a split personality. I was never diagnosed with it they just stated, but it came out on writing. Now I know this is almost not possible to be waiverd. Sorry for writing so much now I really wanna join and would do anything to get in I have gone to college and have my degree and still don't know what I wanna do in life, I just wanna serve my country that's all I wanna do.

Please any suggestions? Thank You for your time

Hi I'm currently 22yrs old and I have been trying to join the Military(Army) since I was 13. The reason I haven't gotten in is because at the age of 18 my parents placed a baker act on me for no reason in all honestly. I went for a walk and they thought it was stupid to go walking at 11 so I was placed with this..long story short I got out of the hospital in 2 days with no symptoms(like I said I was fine). Now I do not wanna lie but when I asked for my medical documents it states that my parents had said that I was hallucinating and that I had a split personality. I was never diagnosed with it they just stated, but it came out on writing. Now I know this is almost not possible to be waiverd. Sorry for writing so much now I really wanna join and would do anything to get in I have gone to college and have my degree and still don't know what I wanna do in life, I just wanna serve my country that's all I wanna do.

Please any suggestions? Thank You for your time

Well talk to your recruiters and they can help guide you. My personal advice would be to concentrate on the wording. Most of the qualifications are surround by wording like "Have you ever been diagnosed with..." or "Have you ever been treated for." The honest truth is no, you have never been diagnosed or treated for hallucinations or schizophrenia. Undergoing an evaluation is not the same thing as receiving treatment.

Focus on the wording, and you should be alright.

Back