Bad and Good News

Darcia

Alarming Trend IDed by a Men's Magazine

Gentlemen, we don't mean to alarm you, but sexy Maxim magazine has filed a petition with Interior Secretary Gale A. Norton and the Fish and Wildlife Service requesting that man be declared an endangered species. Metrosexuals, pink ties, and sensitivity training have taken their toll on today's man to the point that the editors at Maxim now fear for his very existence, reports Washington Post "Reliable Source" columnist Richard Leiby. When the Post contacted those macho Maxim editors, the first thing they said was "This is no joke." And it's not! The 12-page document filed with Interior is valid. Here's the argument: Without a listing under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, "Man will surely succumb to the ravages of an effeminate, feng shui world-gone-mad." The petition further noted that man is the only species capable of "converting simple grains into courage-boosting Tennessee whiskey" and "making cowboy boots out of other animals."

Here are your tax dollars at work:
The federal employees at the Interior Department have every intention of taking this petition seriously. There's even a precedent. In 1987, the Samish Indian Tribe wanted to protect as a "population" the species Homo sapiens. The Post reports that in a weird coincidence the Interior Department attorney handling the response was Gale Norton, who is now the secretary of the Interior. Her response: Wild animals are "wild by nature" and "because of habit, mode of life, or natural instinct, are incapable of being completely domesticated, and require the exercise of art, force or skill to keep them in subjection. It cannot be said that Homo sapiens as a whole are not 'domesticated.'"

This is sad, funny yet also very true. I hate it how I should know stuff about manicyres and pedicyres and keep my hair styled even though I'm wearing a wool cap because of the freezing cold. "Guys" like David Beckham are just making it more difficult for the rest of us who don't have a sense for style and don't want to be in "Queer eye for the straight guy."

I'm not saying that I support the traditional sex roles between men and women but what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we men feel that were being pressured to be something we are not. All the evolution in the world couldn't give me a sense for stylish clothing for example.

I know alot of Boys who wear Pink and Yellow shirts I could maybe wear a Pink shirt but not yellow.

the ammount of guys i have seen wearing pink shirts around... sheeesh ITS PINK!!!
arg
has the world gone crazy?? i mean, come on, PINK!!! its just.... incomprehensible
i would not be caught DEAD wearing a pink shirt...... well, ok if i was being paid i would lol

Lol, pink is a pimpin' colour! But nah I wouldnt wear a pink shirt.
Well a lot of people in this forum are in or have been part of the
military, so you can wear what you want because I dont think anyone
would question you if they knew you were in the armed forces.

People have this stereotype that everyone in the armed forces is a hard
ass (well i suppose they are kinda right)...

Those in the army can do it but a few people see through the lies :? .

I had someone tell me "It Takes a Real man to Wear Pink"

lol
next you will be told "it takes a real man to wear a thong"
ewww

i think i will stick to wearing grey, orange, white and jeans!

Dont knock it till you try it........................Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so Ive been told

Ummmmmm bye

Finally someone has realized the problem. So what exactly does that mean for those of us who are on the protected list? Do we get special treatment somehow? Sactuaries with loads of women, anything like that? Putting some names on a list does little to reinforce the dwindling population. We need more shows like Straight Eye for the Queer Guy, it's the only way we can covert them back.

either that or buy a couple of slabs of VB, force them to do a "centurion" while watching a bruce willis movie marathon, that should do the trick!!!

hmm the beneifts of guys wearing a thong:
*spending money on literally nothing
*an alternate way of scratching ur butt!!
"it feels soooooooo good"
*when u bend over, you no longer show brickies cleavage, u show whale tail
*its something else your girlfriend can pick on you for not co-ordinating colors
*it makes u feel good and manly, while doing bad things to ur *ahems*

benefits of being on a protected list???? hmmmmm
no one can legally kill you (can you imagine how people will start driing - harrr, you wouldn't dare kill me!!!)
you would be kept in controlled conditions, ensuring ur life goes on for as long as possible and you are happy.

hmm im liking this list thingy already!!!
blondes make me happy lol

Actually has anyone known a gay guy in the army? Not that I have anything against them but I couldnt imagine a gay guy to wanna b in the army... A hairdresser maybe :D

soulja said:
Actually has anyone known a gay guy in the army? Not that I have anything against them but I couldnt imagine a gay guy to wanna b in the army... A hairdresser maybe :D

I served for two years with a fellow who kept it a secret until his separation day and he told everyone the truth. I don't remember feeling any different about him after that but it was a surprise. He wasn't effeminate or swishy so he pulled one over Uncle Sam.

Back