Bad Career Move

senojekips

Here is a sobering shot of an SUV that got lit up by mistake, by an F16 driver near the air-ground gunnery range outside Dugway, Utah.

Oops.jpg

The custom panel beating job, is the result of a one second burst by the fighter's 20mm gun, which fires about 3000 rounds per minute. An estimated 70 rounds left the gun; the results are as you see here.

What's even more astonishing is - the SUV was being driven at the time. The driver and the guy in the right-hand passenger seat escaped with some light glass injury to the driver, and a dislocated shoulder to the passenger. The shots hit the gas tank, but didn't explode; the gas just leaked out. The passenger who normally sits in the back seat had just moved to another vehicle.

The vehicle was on the military reservation, but a full three miles away from the gunnery range.

The pilot is probably doubtless be busily writing "I WILL NOT ENGAGE SOFT CIVILIAN VEHICLES IN NO-FIRE ZONES" 10,000 times, after which he will be PCS'd to Shemeya AFB, Alaska .

The good news is that he only had 508 plus or minus 2 rounds of ball training ammo and not HEI (high explosive incendiary)!

I would imagine this event will have an impact on his career

Last edited:
Whoever makes that SUV should turn this crap into a commercial.

"Our SUV took on a state of the art military fighter, and survived!"

Boy!... the insurance claim for this is going to get some strange looks when it arrives in head office.

Now THAT is an insurance claim I would love to read. :D

"Cause of Damage: Airstrike."

Insurance agent (while staring at the paper in disbelief): Wha?????????

The terrorist driver would still be alive somewhere.

Wonder what would have happened had one of the rounds struck the gas tank?

Pardon me for not being perfect like some.

I'll give you some guidance when I've got the time.:-D

Mind you,... I think I'll need a lot of time, so it won't be any time soon.

(Oh how I wish we could add music clips here)

"Ohhh, Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way"

Last edited:
To me, it's unclear whether they're lucky or unlucky.

Lol, what do you say after something like that?
Swearing would be inadequate. :p

Back