BABI YAR: SITES IN THE VICINITY

Maksym Chornyi

BABI YAR: SITES IN THE VICINITY

I feel proud-spirited to continue the ‘BABI YAR’ series of articles by sharing this new material. It took me nearly two months to research and write this 6000-word historical guide. As a Ukrainian myself, I hope a detailed history, based on a riches of primary and appraised secondary sources may fill a void for the Western readers in the rarely voiced topic of the Babi yar massacre. Apart from the ravine itself and the landmark memorials within, a number of sites of great historical significance are to be found, read about, and commemorated in the vicinity. As always I have prepared an extensive amount of archival photos, combined with my own, updated on the site in 2020, as well as aerial schemes and Google maps with markings for your own study and journey to Kyiv, Ukraine.

I would greatly appreciate your goodwill in the feedback for this material: corrections, additions, questions, commentaries, and critique: all these motivate me to keep traveling, reading, writing, and sharing. Wish you engrossing books and seeing the world.

https://war-documentary.info/beyond-babi-yar/

3-lukyanovka-1-1.jpg

Back