• Its great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work

• Hate it

• Total voters

Sooners1

What does everyone think about the BCS (Bowl Championship Series)? This is in reference to NCAA college football in case some don't know.

I think the BCS is a bunch of BS. Take for instance last season, when the USC Trojans were 1st in every poll and deservingly so (as much as I hate to admit it. I'm a huge UCLA fan) except for the BCS. I must admit I took pleasure in it, but it was unfair. A computer cannot watch a football game, it just knows the raw numbers.

The fact of the matter is that the BCS system is not capable of determining the best team. Its perfectly conceivable for the best team in the country to go undefeated in a very non-challenging season. The BCS number crunchers would land that team outside the top 20 most likely. Yet what if that team can beat the crap out of any other team you put against them? A computer cannot accurately account for that phenominon.

The sooner we get a College Football playoff system in place, the better. Think about it, you've got 12 conferences. For one thing, make it more like the NFL - your record in conference play is a tie-breaker only. You take the 12 conference champions and take 4 at large berths (to be decided by ranking or some other means) and you have an even 16 -- perfect for a playoff system. With that system, you could be 100% sure who is champion at the end of the year.

i hate the bcs. ima huge michigan fan, and i really hate it. how about that 17 point comeback. i think the only thing i hate more than the bcs is the rotating schedule in the big ten. michigan and winsconsin will have to split the big ten this year, even though we all know michigan is the best team in the big ten.

i hate the bcs. ima huge michigan fan, and i really hate it. how about that 17 point comeback. i think the only thing i hate more than the bcs is the rotating schedule in the big ten. michigan and winsconsin will have to split the big ten this year, even though we all know michigan is the best team in the big ten.
lundin

I to am a huge Wolverine fan. I have to agree with you lundin. I don't really care for the BCS, it doesn't really decide who the real National Champion is. For instance, the year Michigan had to share their National Championship with Nebraska. All because the coach from Tennessee said that Michigan didn't play them so they weren't better than Nebraska. Anyways, I'm rambling sorry. I just care for the BCS at all. It should be the top teams should play for the National Championship or have a March madness of football just like basketball.

The other thing is why is it only 1 and 2 play each other and then 3 plays 5 and 4 plays 6/7? Let everyone play the team in front or behind and when they win they move into that spot. Let 3 play 4 and if 4 wins they go to 3 and 3 drops to 4 not 8.

What I miss is waking up on New Year's Day and not knowing what team would win the championship. Before, the #4 team might blow out the #2 and get the nod, even if the #1 squeked out a win.

It's not a terrible system. I just don't see the need for it to be so clinical.

Back