Ayone heard that Canada have just had an election?

perseus

There has just been a major election folks, perhaps with the US campaign and the financial crisis dominating the news many of us missed it. Surely Canada isn't that unimportant?

Canadians have re-elected the Conservative Party, led by Stephen Harper, who will form the third minority government in four years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7668738.stm

There has just been a major election folks, perhaps with the US campaign and the financial crisis dominating the news many of us missed it. Surely Canada isn't that unimportant?

Canadians have re-elected the Conservative Party, led by Stephen Harper, who will form the third minority government in four years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7668738.stm

just-kidding-i-love-canada-please-dont-hurt-me.png

Sorry but I just had too...

Nope, I haven't heard a peep about Canadian Elections.

Probably because our election process lasted all of 5 weeks. It was easy to miss, even if nothing had been going on south of our border.

Hehe we are the same, general elections in 4 weeks and they have only just been allowed to start electioneering, personally I would like to see that 5 weeks lowered to 5 days myself.

Hehe we are the same, general elections in 4 weeks and they have only just been allowed to start electioneering, personally I would like to see that 5 weeks lowered to 5 days myself.

Perhaps this is an even better idea, since there would be less funding allowing minor parties a foot in (as discussed on the other thread) as well as less boring for most of the population.

I actually heard that Canada had an election. Amazing! hehe.
Anyways, I don't think it's possible to shorten the electioneering time in the US. The US election in itself is a huge industry.

I actually heard that Canada had an election. Amazing! hehe.
Anyways, I don't think it's possible to shorten the electioneering time in the US. The US election in itself is a huge industry.

In reality the damn election has been going for two years.... ever since the Hillary was thinking of running for office.

I'm so tired of this.... I just want it over already. Either McCain wins and I'm somewhat happy or Obama wins and I start buying firearms and ammo because I know a ban will be coming.

Don't you have enough firearms?
I'd say invest in the ammo.
By the way, I heard 5.45 Soviet ammo is doing pretty cheap. As long as you buy the right ones which adhere to the actual specs it's supposed to be about as decent as the 5.56 NATO. Might want to trade in some of the 5.56 weapons since the ammo is crazy expensive nowadays with the high demand.

I just think there ought to be a correct firearm/ammo ratio. When it's getting close to 1/1 you have a problem. Can't afford bullets? Fix problem by selling off some of the firearms to get money to buy bullets.

Back