godofthunder9010

Okay, I noticed that a lot of folks got their avatars back. I didn't, but I just figured, "hey, no big deal, I'll just upload another one." I've downsized a bitmap to 18K, its 80x80 and it keeps telling me that its not a valid image. Computer I'm on (at work) has some screwy version of Paint that won't convert it to a jpeg, so I can't try that at the moment.

godofthunder9010 said:
Okay, I noticed that a lot of folks got their avatars back. I didn't, but I just figured, "hey, no big deal, I'll just upload another one." I've downsized a bitmap to 18K, its 80x80 and it keeps telling me that its not a valid image. Computer I'm on (at work) has some screwy version of Paint that won't convert it to a jpeg, so I can't try that at the moment.

When I finish with an image in paint, I click on "file" and "save as" and send it to "my documents". You can right click on the file and use the pulldown to save as .jpg or .jpeg.

Redleg stored all of our old avatars and if you use the edit avatar, button, there is a list of over 400 of our old avatars to reload.

godofthunder9010 said:
I'll go through it again, but I swear my old avatar wasn't there. Thanks for the help, I'll sort it out.

I just looked and it looks like they finally dumped the list of old ones. I just reloaded mine from my documents and changed from the editor to jpeg.

What image/file type did you save it as?

Looks like you've found your old Avatar anyway now.. :)

Still have this pic I would like to upload for my profile picture. Won't go. Got it changed over to a jpeg and everything, but "failed to upload" is all I get.

"Updated Failed." Thanks for the efforts. I may a bit confused. Isn't "Profile Picture" supposed to be showing on my posts or is it something that would so on my user profile if someone clicks on me?

Dude you need to set your profile picture as your avatar if you want it to show in the forums and not just in your profile

godofthunder9010 said:

I know I am late on this topic, but if you have ACDSee or other pic viewing softwares it is gonna be easy to convert it to JPEG

Back