HokieMSG

Aside from the amazing effects, anyone else have a problem with the message in this movie. I had to stifle comments during viewing.

What I got out of it was...

Corporations BAD !!!!
Military are stooges of Corporations so they are BAD !!!!
Nature good.

Thoughts anyone?

I thought that Avatar was so overrated; and then it goes on for three hours until you are blue all over of boredom.

Morality tale, Shmorality tale...

I just likey watching Michelle Rodriguez throwing hardware around the joint. That lass is eight different kinds of hawt. :wink:

LOL. Agree she is easy on the eyes. I do enjoy a good action movie where the heroine kicks butt.

Morality my arse ...........

Morality my arse ... Avatar is Science Fiction for goodness sakes.

FOR INFO: IF IT IS NOT A POLITICAL MOVIE, THEN IF THERE IS A MESSAGE, IT IS UNINTENTIONAL ... PERIOD.

I have NEVER gone to a non-political movie looking for a stupid morality message. In the case of Avatar, the movie WAS pure fiction. MOST MOVIEGOERS CALL WHAT YOU VIEWED AS A MESSAGE, AS A STORY PLOT. In this case, the corporation WAS as crooked as a mountain road and the military forces were mercenaries who WERE stooges because they took money from the corporation without any regard for the indigenous life form who 'owned' the world that the corporation was trying to steal.

BTW - Anybody who went to the movie looking for some kind of politically correct or politically incorrect message, needs to examine the reason why they go to a movie in the first place. You probably have a screw loose.

The effects made it seem like portions of the movie were actually out in the theater with you. It was one of the best 3D movies I have ever seen ... the 3D was sharp, crisp, without any of the edge blur from the older 3D movie technology that made viewing the movie a task instead of an enjoyment.

Overall, I would rate Avatar as a solid ten (Of course, Science Fiction is my favorite genre of all time).

I saw right through the message, and it wasn't anything new... So, I ignored it and enjoyed the movie. Amazing graphics.

My message didn't arrive in the post, so had to see the movie - still missed it!! Great fun movie though.

The message I saw was sort of like a modernized version of Things Fall Apart mixed with Dances With Wolves. Both of which, by the way, I liked better. But anyway, for the visual effects it was worth the movie ticket. I wouldn't get it at home unless you have a gigantic HDTV.

Morality my arse ... Avatar is Science Fiction for goodness sakes.

FOR INFO: IF IT IS NOT A POLITICAL MOVIE, THEN IF THERE IS A MESSAGE, IT IS UNINTENTIONAL ... PERIOD.

I have NEVER gone to a non-political movie looking for a stupid morality message. In the case of Avatar, the movie WAS pure fiction. MOST MOVIEGOERS CALL WHAT YOU VIEWED AS A MESSAGE, AS A STORY PLOT. In this case, the corporation WAS as crooked as a mountain road and the military forces were mercenaries who WERE stooges because they took money from the corporation without any regard for the indigenous life form who 'owned' the world that the corporation was trying to steal.

BTW - Anybody who went to the movie looking for some kind of politically correct or politically incorrect message, needs to examine the reason why they go to a movie in the first place. You probably have a screw loose.

The effects made it seem like portions of the movie were actually out in the theater with you. It was one of the best 3D movies I have ever seen ... the 3D was sharp, crisp, without any of the edge blur from the older 3D movie technology that made viewing the movie a task instead of an enjoyment.

Overall, I would rate Avatar as a solid ten (Of course, Science Fiction is my favorite genre of all time).

:stupid:

I could not agree more. I went to a movie to be entertained and I definately was. Kick arse special effects!

I do agree it was Dances With Wolves a few hundred years into the future.

I missed the 3D version on cinema so I bought it on Bluray last week.
Good movie, but I guess it would be best when viewed in 3D....

I watched Avatar in theaters in 3d, and it annoyed me that upon arriving with just enough to buy a ticket, I found out you HAD to buy the glasses for an extra 3$, of which I had to pawn off some stranger.

The movie looked amazing, I was amazed at how good it looked, but to me the story line got kinda stuck with it's own head up its...well anyway.

I felt a little betrayed at the end, I feel loyalty above all, and watching one member of his own species betray his whole race kinda just doesn't sit right with me. And also calm me childish, I do wish that there was a 30 minute bonus clip that bypasses the whole story plot and just shows a pissed off human race razing the planet to the ground and taking the minerals anyway...

Its a sci/fi flick and I only go to those to be entertained and for nothing else (and I must say I did enjoy it), what i "did" find was a very naive ending ie; what’s to stop the corporation/military returning to blow 7 shades of monkey crap out of the place from orbit and then simply mining the ore using remote equipment.
Also, Sam Worthington is waaaay overrated as an actor and does a really bad American accent

Its a sci/fi flick and I only go to those to be entertained and for nothing else (and I must say I did enjoy it), what i "did" find was a very naive ending ie; what’s to stop the corporation/military returning to blow 7 shades of monkey crap out of the place from orbit and then simply mining the ore using remote equipment.
Also, Sam Worthington is waaaay overrated as an actor and does a really bad American accent

Yes, Sam Worthington kept sliding off into the Australian accent.
I suppose he and his twin brother immigrated :lol:

And I noticed how utterly stupid were these robo biggy thingy....you know, the ones human soldiers were sitting inside....

Back