Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agains

• What are you talking about?

• Total voters

silent driller

Are you for it or against it? My contention is this:
During the weapons ban, a man can still get an automatic weapon on the black market. Now, when said man invades my house, all I have to defend myself with is a handgun or a shotgun. Maybe I will win the fight, but the man with the auto has the advantage.

After the weapons ban is lifted, that same man can still get his waepons off the black market(or a local gun show if he has no prior record), but I, the average citizen, can also get an automatic weapon(my weapon of choice would be the AR-10). Now, when this clown bursts through my door, I have homefield advantage and enought firepower to blast his sorry ass right back out the door.

I am personally glad the ban has ended.

I don't see the need for a private citizen to own an automatic weapon, but I come from a peaceful corner of the world where the police doesen't carry firearms.

I'm with SleepySweeper and I am from a gun toting society. There is no real need for a civilian to have an automatic weapon. A semi auto rifle can easily defend a home.

I'm agianst it for alot of reasons, One of the major ones is i do not feel that civilians needs to have the ability to posses the same type of weapons that The Military uses. people in the Military have training for these weapons, Plus thier are some people that I don't trust driving much less owning an automatic weapon.

If I'm not mistaken, there are levels of carrying licences that one must qualify for(automatics being class 3). So there is a degree of training on how to properly tear someone a new one.

The National Firearms Act of 1934 makes it illegal for civilians to own machine guns without permission from the Federal Government. The National Firearms Act of 1934 levies a $200 tax on each newly manufactured machine gun and a $200 tax each time the ownership of the machine gun changes. In addition, each machine gun is registered with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) in the National Firearms Registry.

To purchase an NFA weapon, you must submit two sets of fingerprints, a recent photo, a sworn affidavit that transfer of the NFA firearm is of "reasonable necessity," and that sale to and possession of the weapon by the applicant "would be consistent with public safety" and endure a background investigation. In addition, the application must be signed by a chief law enforcement officer with jurisdiction in the applicant's residence.

The National Firearms Act also regulates shotguns with barrels less than 18" or less than 26" overall length and rifles with barrels less than 16" or less than 26" length overall. The National Firearms Act also regulates firearm silencers. In addition the National Firarms Act regulates destructive devices such as bombs, grenades, rockets, missiles, and mines.

SFC

Back