Australians At War

do you Aussies use different sort of Helmets? I noticed an old style helmet in one of the above pics. Am I right?

That is rather an old helmet. I didnt notice that till you pointed it out. We normally use a much newer kevlar one. Maybe that fella wore it out of preference. You can see in some of the other pics I posted up the kind of helmet we normally wear.

phoenix80 said:
got it! thnx

Australians use the NATO (lets say Americans') issued helmets then

I wouldn't call it a NATO issued helmet. Britain's military uses a very different one. Germany (and some other countries like Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands) uses a slightly different one, and Romanians wear another one. Spain's is also slightly different.

France and Italy manufacture helmets that look exactly like the American Personnell Armor System Ground Troops helmets (they do to me). The USA are phasing out this helmet and phasing in the Advanced Combat Helmet.

Vets%20-%20Australian%20Military%20Pic%20-%20army%20&%20flag.jpg

RAAF Medics in Timor

pilot_courage_narrowweb__200x243.jpg

Major Scott Watkins, of Baulkham Hills, in Sydney awarded Britain's Distinguished Flying Cross for his bravery in taking control of a British helicopter while under heavy fire in Iraq.

Commandos003.jpg

4RAR commandos

0360039103800.jpg

Damaged ASLAV after IED attack

2aslavnov4.jpg

Another of the same

boardingparty2_1_1.jpg

Royal Australian Navy boarding party in the Gulf

Back