Australian Mark Webber will drive for Red Bull Racing

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.eurosport.com/formula1/hungarian-gp/2006/sport_sto939900.shtml

Australian Mark Webber will drive for Red Bull Racing alongside David Coulthard next year, the team have confirmed.
Webber, 29, confirmed before the Hungarian Grand Prix that he would not be staying with Williams for a third season in 2007.
And after a season that has been blighted with unreliability and seen him take only two points-scoring finishes, Webber is delighted to be switching teams.
Webber said: "It's fantastic to be joining Red Bull Racing.
"It's clear that the team is very hungry for long-term success, it has a very talented group of personnel and there seems to be a real sense of team spirit and unity.
"I believe I'm joining the team at exactly the right time for success in the future."
Webber's new team-mate David Coulthard, 35, has signed for a third year with the British-based team.
The Briton, who earlier in the season had been subjected to countless questions about his retirement, took the team's first podium finish with third in Monaco and has had improved form ever since.
Coulthard, a 13-times Grand Prix winner, said: "I'm delighted to continue with Red Bull Racing for a third season. I can feel that the team is really beginning to gel as a group."
"I'm looking forward to raising the performance of the team and the car and to see Red Bull Racing become a regular points scorer, in with a good shout for achieving podiums and wins."
The announcement marks a veteran line-up for a team more associated with a young image, and also means Austrian Christian Klien will have to look elsewhere for a drive next year.
Team boss Christian Horner though, is perfectly happy with his decision on drivers.
Horner said: "It was an easy decision from both sides to extend the relationship between us and David for 2007.
"He's still one of the best drivers on the grid and we're delighted to have him in the team.
"Looking to Mark, One, he obviously has undoubted speed and ability, and two, he appears to have the determination and motivation needed to succeed.
"He's got a good track record in F1 and we believe that together he and David will form a very solid partnership, which will give us one of the strongest driver line-ups in the field."

Back