Australian defence recruitment is hopeless....

Kilgore

My gosh... if there is any reason why Australia lacks soldiers, its because of our poor defence force recruitment branch. Its so hard to get a phone call through or even get an email responded (Depends which recruiter you have). The receptionists can be arrogant at times. There are so many times where they tell me that they'll call me, but they don't so of course its up to me to call them to remind them.

If i was in any other country, i would be in basic training by now.

Kilgore said:
My gosh... if there is any reason why Australia lacks soldiers, its because of our poor defence force recruitment branch. Its so hard to get a phone call through or even get an email responded (Depends which recruiter you have). The receptionists can be arrogant at times. There are so many times where they tell me that they'll call me, but they don't so of course its up to me to call them to remind them.

I think you greatly underestimate the bureaucracy in other countries. :lol:

Mate, you haven't used a thing called the Internet very well. Go to the DFR website and register to My H.Q. I did that about 18 months ago and My interview is on Tuesday. The only reason It took so long is, I only just reached recruiting age. I've got a mate who applied and had an interview in November, and two months ago began training as an Air Field Defence Guard. Another took six months too apply and now He's at ADFA, wants to fly fighters for some strange reason[/url]

Ehem... I used My HQ a year ago. Its the only way you can apply now days. I completed JOES day and i did assessment day for officer and of course they told me i need more life experience. So now im trying to go in general entry. Some defence recruiters are slow to respond to emails and phone calls. It really just annoys me. I had over 4 transfers with defence recruiters for over 2 months.

A friend of mine had to reapply once because they lost all of his data.

ADF recruiting was outsourced to a company called Manpower Pty Ltd. Useless bunch off :cen: they are. They've lost the contract. Recruiting is being done by the army again thank God. Here's an example. When I joined up it took me approx 6 months for everything, one of the new blokes in my regiment, it took 3 weeks, from initial assesment to induction, like lightning. Have hope my friend, as the recruiting is now back in the hands of people who know how to organise themselves and aren't trying to make a profit.

P.S. we don't lack soldiers, we have more soldiers than we actually need.

Back