Australian Army

could of

if u were here i would get u on base and show u around so u know how the army rolls, cause theirs a big diffrence between basic and what it realy is

Changed my preferences over the phone today(Army Electronics Technician was not a priority job but Naval Electronics Technician was). I don't really care what arm of the ADF I serve in as long as I get to be an electronics technician. Calling them Friday again to see if they finally give me a date.

Just got booked for my assessment day. It's happening on March 11th. So happy right now about getting a date for that.

Another question, how long did it you guys to go to actual training from assessment day? And I will ask one last time, any tips on assessment day? Thanks for being helpful with this as well, this has made me feel some what less worried about it.

Another question, how long did it you guys to go to actual training from assessment day?

No set time, expect to wait 3+ months at least. It depends on places available and when courses are run.

And I will ask one last time, any tips on assessment day? Thanks for being helpful with this as well, this has made me feel some what less worried about it.

Know the job you're appling for from the defencejobs site. Be yourself, it's easy.

Got off the phone with the ADF a couple hours ago about assessment day. According to the person who grilled me about it, I would have not gone through. I was glad I did it though. She told me all this helpful stuff and gave me some websites to read up on. Plenty of study until the 11th for me! Got my suit today as well.

Last edited:
easy as

wallabies is right, its quit easy, just about th only thing that will stop u these days is if u dont speak english, try and lurn your job role so u know it by hart, it shows your prepared to lurn.

Assessment day is tomorrow. Feeling alot better about it now that I have been studying up on my preferences. One question, what is military law like?

Assessment day is tomorrow. Feeling alot better about it now that I have been studying up on my preferences. One question, what is military law like?
dont worry abuout it too much, they wont charge u evry time u f#@k up, but geting charged happens to about evry 1, old saying: your not a real digger till u get charged. i've been charge 4 times.

Last edited:
I did it. All I have to do is get my heart murmur looked at (again...) and eczema which flared up after 5-6 years last week. So happy I did it. Thanks guys as well for all the help you gave me. I don't think I would have done it without you.

I did it. All I have to do is get my heart murmur looked at (again...) and eczema which flared up after 5-6 years last week. So happy I did it. Thanks guys as well for all the help you gave me. I don't think I would have done it without you.
dont let them stop u for eczema cause i have it and got in

dont let them stop u for eczema cause i have it and got in

Hmmm, that is good to hear. I was more worried about the heart murmur though, cardioligist said it was fine last time and I will be told again. Calling the doctor up again to get all this sorted. Just to make sure I have got it right, the fitness exam is the last thing you do before you are actually at IMT?

Back