Australia - NCO's can become officers?

Kilgore

To all Aussies out there. Im wondering if NCO's could apply for RMC or ADFA some time during their career and become officers. Is this possible at all? Recruitment told me it can be done, but seriously i think they were pulling my leg. Then again it was two Warrant officers who have told me its possible.

I don’t know how they do it in Aus
Here in Canada NCM’s can apply to RMC to become officers. SrNCM’s can apply for there Commission. If there are vacancies in the trade
WO=LT
MWO=LT or Capt
CWO=Capt

I'm sure it can be done, because my older brother did it. He trained at Kapooka and made it to WO. Then went commissioned after a lot of paper-work and retraining. That was over 20 years ago but I'm sure it still can be done.

yeah it can be done. just be prepared that your first year will be suck eggs. I was chatting with a cpl who is starting RMC next year. It's not too hard really to transfer.

Yes they do, you can go in as a JNCO and come out an LT or jump ship as a SNCO and become a CAPT

Cheers guys! I was thinking that defence recruitment was pulling my leg. Im clearly and happily wrong. :D

Back