Australia must keep troops in Iraq to protect US ties - Page 2

--

November 5th, 2006  
Kirruth

Well, I think its probably reasonable for Australians to question whether their troops could be more usefully fighting the war on islamic extremism closer to home. Given the insurrection in the Muslim areas of the Philippines, insurgency in southern Thailand, Indonesian-backed destabilisation of East Timor, there are significant security problems in their own back yard.
November 5th, 2006  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirruth
Well, I think its probably reasonable for Australians to question whether their troops could be more usefully fighting the war on islamic extremism closer to home. Given the insurrection in the Muslim areas of the Philippines, insurgency in southern Thailand, Indonesian-backed destabilisation of East Timor, there are significant security problems in their own back yard.
Nah no problems there. We've got enough troops to keep poking the hornets nest at home as well.
November 7th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
young Prince: bear in mind that the Bali bombings that killed many Australians who were the deliberate target of Muslim extremists, occured in October 2002 and the present Iraq war commenced in March 2003. Also if only some of the information leaking out about the Sydney Kings Cross bomb plot is true (the full story is sketchy) then extremists were ploting death and destruction - in some shape or form - at the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000.

For these and other reasons the 'War on Terror' involves Australia independent of the USA, and PRE-DATES the current Iraqi operation which by the way was/is wanted and welcomed by pro-democratic Iraqis. These human beings want peace and freedom. We can help win it for them.

As for your style of commentary follow the good advice of Bulldogg and AussieNick

you are correct there. but my opinion is we should stick to home shores, and improve national defence not go off to countries invading and attacking people that alot of them (im not saying all) have never layed a finger on a australian citizen. im sorry but i just dont see how we can justify going to foran country, then a new threat is discovered in yet another country so we have to go there...and so on.
does that make sense?
--