Australia & England clash again. 2009.

I must admit I was highly chuffed England won the ashes, although not as chuffed when England won the rugby world cup a few years ago, and then highly annoyed when England lost it to the freaking Springboks.

England winning the Rugby World Cup was pretty much the death knell of world rugby, it just highlighted all that is wrong with rugby and the predominant reason it will never be a world sport when 15 talentless, unimaginative force back players can win a major competition you know the game has taken a wrong turn.

I support an interesting argument I heard from oddly enough an Englishman who said that the key to making rugby the running, high paced spectacle it should be is to elevate the points for a try to 10.

Outside this I firmly believe that all Northern Hemisphere teams should be relegated to regional composition teams with the exception of France (Who are a first rate team) as for the most part none of them are any good and only serve to lower the standard of the game.

Won with a great kick. F****** luvly!!:thumb:

Ist whinging Kiwi I've come across!

Maybe I am more English than I think then.

The only problem I have with the English winning anything is that they never shut up about it, now we will have to listen to "we are the greatest" stories until they get their arse handed to them next time.

Trust me I am an equal opportunity hater, I think the New Zealand cricket team should be disbanded along with 80% of our track and field teams as a bad joke and that we should stop playing Wales and Scotland at rugby because eventually they will win a game (play someone 1000 times and you should get 1 win no matter how bad you are) and then we will have to listen about their great revival.

England of course should be stripped of test playing status as they dont actually play rugby just a blend of force back with a flop in the middle and I refuse to believe any team that can do a victory lap for "only losing by 17 points" can call itself a rugby playing nation.

Well, Monty, you haven't heard me glorying the result or demeaning the Aussies over our winning of the Ashes. Great games between great sportsmen. The Aussies will be back for another go, and the game is the winner.

Am I overjoyed at winning the Ashes - certainly. Am I gloating over it -certainly not. 5 days -best man wins - game over - handshake. Sport.:smile:

Back