Australia & England clash again. 2009. - Page 2

--

July 18th, 2009  
Del Boy

It ain't over 'til its over; I never write off the Aussies. It could still be a great game. Supposing they need 500 batting last , and go for it! Would you bet against them? So Strauss has a very difficult declaration decision to face if it comes to that.

MONTYB - Dunedin. Any English opponent will do ?- you are surely a Scot in disguise. Not Dunedin? - funny that.
July 18th, 2009  
IrishAussieLass

I would love to say that we have the second test in the 'bag', but....i think we have blown that chance,, i will still watch the test until that last ball is bowled! and yell..
Aussie!! Aussie!! Aussie!!!!...lol..
July 18th, 2009  
Del Boy

I hope you make a go of it, could make for good cricket.
--
July 19th, 2009  
IrishAussieLass

Now that would be some bloody 'good' cricket if that happens....Nothing like the sporting rivalry between Australia and England..lol..The beauty of it is there's five games..and...you never know!!..lol..cheers Del Boy!
July 19th, 2009  
Del Boy

At 78 for 2 today and Ponting well set, day and a half left, I thought the Aussies were on their way; 250 per day is well within their grasp. However, it does look as tho it is slipping away from them now. Great series so far. Watch them in the next test, they never lie down. It is 34 years since we beat them at Lords. Last Ashes I was at Lords on the day they well beat us to open the 2005 series. We did eventually snatch the ashes by the end of the series, but I was not happy that day, but I gave them my congratulations. As Ian Botham said, "we still love each other - we still hate each other- its lovely!"

Here's an example of old face to face enemies:-

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Boris-Flintoff

BTW - with about 2 hours to go today, and altho' 5 wickets down, the Aussies are still in there fighting. They already have scored 220 + today. Do that again tomorrow and the test may be theirs!
July 19th, 2009  
mmarsh

You have my support Del Boy. Go England!
July 19th, 2009  
Del Boy

Thanks MM. It's a great set-up end to a great test, 2 in a row. I don't know who will blink first - the Aussies are easily capable of getting the runs - they damn well got 3i3 today!

Cheers.

EDIT : Monday lunch. Game over - great game, great victory, hard won. Well played Australia, you nearly changed history with your historic attempt at 520 last innings. 405 was brilliant.

I hope the rest of the series is as exciting as the first 2 games.
August 24th, 2009  
Del Boy

England wrenched the Ahses from Australia yesterday, on the 4th day of the 5th test. 2-1. Great series, great match.

Well played Australia, still fantastic; well played Ricky Ponting. The key moment which stopped Australia's brave attempt to subvert history and score 550 in the last innings was just as they were taking control at 220 for 2 wickets, Freddie Flintoff, playing in his last test, and fielding in a new position at mid-off, fielded a ball at distance from Ponting, and threw a powerful thunderball to destroy Ricky's stumps as he raced for home. Unbelievable. Great stuff.

Now we have the seven one-day games to sort out with the Aussies; bring it on!!
August 25th, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

I despise cricket with all my heart, I have never seen a more dull and boring sport in my life.

Anyways, life in Australia is impossible if you dont go for someone in the ashes, and I always go for England.

I have never seen so many aussies look suicidal.
August 25th, 2009  
perseus

I don't like cricket either, but we will have to rename the famous insult to 'whinging Aussies!'