Australia blames U.S. over WikiLeaks, founder held in UK (Reuters)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Reuters - Australia blamed the United States Wednesday for the release by WikiLeaks of U.S. diplomatic cables after a British court ordered the detention of the group's founder over allegations of sex crimes in Sweden.

More...

Isn't this whole Wikileaks thing Australia's fault in the first place. After all Julian Assange is Australian.:wink:
Couldn't he have been aborted?

Isn't this whole Wikileaks thing Australia's fault in the first place. After all Julian Assange is Australian.:wink:
Couldn't he have been aborted?
Have you even bothered to read how easy it was for US citizens to steal the info. As much as I dislike Assange, everyone very conveniently overlooks the fact that he did not steal the confidential documents, he merely published those that showed how we the public have neen lied to and taken for a ride by our respective governments. This has highlighted exactly how lax the security is on this type of material, if you read more you will see that tens of thousands of public servants had unfettered access to this material. it was an accident waiting to happen, and it took far too long in my opinion.

Answer me this,...

Who obtained the material in the first place and gave it to Assange? Dunno his name eh? There's not much media coverage on him is there, but he is the one who should be on trial.

Assange has put them on the net. That's not a crime, or is it? So far no one has actually stated exactly what he is allegedly guilty of.

Nearly every news organisation has printed them has printed parts of this material, yet I have not heard of any of them being mentioned along side Assange. "Der Spiegel", having printed nearly all of it.

Why haven't these other news organisations been charged as well? They have done the same as Assange.

If Assange only released information that was only embarrassing to China and Russia, would you be so outraged?

This is no different to Watergate and Climategate, someone is uncovering the rotten core of the apple.

Last edited:
Have you even bothered to read how easy it was for US citizens to steal the info. As much as I dislike Assange, everyone very conveniently overlooks the fact that he did not steal the confidential documents, he merely published those that showed how we the public have neen lied to and taken for a ride by our respective governments. This has highlighted exactly how lax the security is on this type of material, if you read more you will see that tens of thousands of public servants had unfettered access to this material. it was an accident waiting to happen, and it took far too long in my opinion.

Took to long for the accident to happen?

Answer me this,...

Who obtained the material in the first place and gave it to Assange? Dunno his name eh? There's not much media coverage on him is there, but he is the one who should be on trial.

They are looking for the person. He has not been caught yet. If they catch him he will go on trial.

Assange has put them on the net. That's not a crime, or is it? So far no one has actually stated exactly what he is allegedly guilty of.

Might try reading the the first post in this topic.:read: "British court ordered the detention of the group's founder over allegations of sex crimes in Sweden."

Nearly every news organisation has printed them has printed parts of this material, yet I have not heard of any of them being mentioned along side Assange. "Der Spiegel", having printed nearly all of it.

Why haven't these other news organisations been charged as well? They have done the same as Assange.

No they have not, I have seen no implication the news services having been involved with sex crimes. :wink:

If Assange only released information that was only embarrassing to China and Russia, would you be so outraged?

If Assange wasn't Australian would you be so outraged?

This is no different to Watergate and Climategate, someone is uncovering the rotten core of the apple.
I am not outraged at all, seems you are getting your panties in a bunch over your fellow Aussies arrest. See my embedded comments.

This is not really news anyway, as most people outside the US blames the United States for everything.:lol: The US is probably to blame for water spiraling down the drains in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

Wikileaks in not on trial Julian Assange is. :bored:

Took to long for the accident to happen?

But of course, had it have happened 40 years ago it would have saved nearly 60,000 lives in Viet nam alone, not to mention 200,000 wounded and countless persons whose lives have been ruined as a result of psychological damage from this war, by showing that we were going against the wishes of the Vietnamese people by supporting one of the worlds more corrupt regimes. It would have exposed the stupidity of the reason given to the public for the prosecution of that war, "The domino effect" where, should Viet Nam fall to the commos all of south east asia would come under Russian and Chinese influence, next they would be raping our wives and killing our children in our own homes..... Whaaa??? Absolute BS.

Same same, with the Shah of Iran, and of course it would have exposed the WMD fiasco for what it was, amongst other things.

They are looking for the person. He has not been caught yet. If they catch him he will go on trial.
How about,... Private First Class Bradley E. Manning (born 1987) a United States Army soldier who has been arrested and charged with the unauthorized use and disclosure of U.S. classified information. Manning was an intelligence analyst assigned to a support battalion with the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division at Contingency Operating Station Hammer, Iraq. Manning was arrested by agents of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command in May 2010 and held in pre-trial confinement in a military jail at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait. Manning has been held at the Marine Corps Brig, Quantico since July 29, 2010

The papers are ful of assumptions about Assange, as yet i have not read much about this man??? Once again it would seem, you go off "half cocked" not knowing any of the facts about which you are spouting rubbish.

spike said:

Might try reading the the first post in this topic.:read: "British court ordered the detention of the group's founder over allegations of sex crimes in Sweden."

Please read exactly what i said, and not what you think I said. I have left the quote above for your perusal. my statement was asking exactly what crime ahas been quoted against Assange for putting this material on the net,... nothing to do with the allegatrion of some sex crime in Sweden. You are keen, but not very informed it would seem, you don't even read peoples questions before going of on a tangent that you feel suits your rather illogical argument.

No they have not, I have seen no implication the news services having been involved with sex crimes. :wink:

Again, you are answering someone else,s question about an allegation that had nothing whatsoever to do with my statement. I realise that you have no answers.

If Assange wasn't Australian would you be so outraged?

I'm not even vaguely "outraged", as a person who lives and conducts his business overseas I hardly regard him as being "Australian". I was merely showing your initial post for what it was, a childishly simplistic attempt at muckraking totally based on the vagaries of your own political and national allegiances.

Last edited:
Back