Aussies sink North Korean freighter

The fact that this vessel had been used for state sponsored drug smuggling tells me a lot about the mentality of the North Koreans.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9ed_1187506461

OOrah! The boat was sunk by an unlikely airforce.

Not sure why you'd say unlikely. We are very protective of our territorial waters and sinking vessels that are conducting illegal activites is not out of the question. A lot of Indonesian fishing vessels are sunk by our Navy, and a Chilean trawler probably would have been sunk if it wasn't for the political interference from their Government.

Either way, it sends a bloody strong message to NK.

I said unlikely because you'd expect North Korean stuff to get blown up by either South Korean or American air or sea assets. Not saying anything's wrong with your lot.
North Korea's government requires drug money to keep its circle happy. That's just the sad fact of affairs over there.

i cant belive they did that it was the first time i get to see the australian airforce bomb a big ship that is used to import drugs but yeah its good that they did that when i seen it i was like saying freaking awsome

Why would they sink simple fishing vessels? Shouldn't they at least radio them and say GTFO first?

The ship was carrying millions of dollars worth of heroin from the state sponsored NK drug labs, as for the Indonesian fishing vessels, they've had their chance many times. It's time to send a strong message, and if that means taking the fishermen, or people smugglers or gun runners into custody and putting them in a detention centre and then expending some ordnance into their vessels, then so be it.

Australia has a very vulnerable coastline, especially in the North and North West, it takes strong measures to protect it. Further more there are issues of Indonesians fishing in wildlife reserves and within the exclusive economic zone. We also have a big problem with people smuggling by Northern sea lanes. We are just taking care of the bigger picture.

Back