Aussie Reserves in Afgh. - Page 2




 
--
 
September 28th, 2010  
koalaburger
 
 
As research is your short suit Nick I did a simple google search and found this site.
http://en.specwar.info/special_force...ando_regiment/ It states "Two RESERVE Commando Companies were raised in June 1955." I did not finish training as it takes 18 months. I did go on 2 week raid at Evans Head after evasive flying in a Hercules. I also did basic infantry and Nav work on weekends. I missed parachute training by about a month. I was a NSW cop at the time and my workmates complained about all my weekends off. I have no doubts you are an officer Nick because your lack of smarts and speed at reaching the wrong conclusion remind me of most officers I met in the Military.

PS- This was all after 2 weeks at Badia Barracks where we creamed about 10 other units in every area.
September 28th, 2010  
A Can of Man
 
 
koalaburger, you got to understand because there are so many fakes folks can only be skeptical unless given sufficient proof.
I carry a wallet sized laminated documentation most of the time in case anyone has questions, including qualifications cards (originally for checks made by MPs regarding qualification badges on uniforms). If anyone has any doubts it usually solves the matter rather quickly. As long as they're not being douche bags about it, I'm not offended.
September 28th, 2010  
AussieNick
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalaburger
As research is your short suit Nick I did a simple google search and found this site.
http://en.specwar.info/special_force...ando_regiment/ It states "Two RESERVE Commando Companies were raised in June 1955." I did not finish training as it takes 18 months. I did go on 2 week raid at Evans Head after evasive flying in a Hercules. I also did basic infantry and Nav work on weekends. I missed parachute training by about a month. I was a NSW cop at the time and my workmates complained about all my weekends off. I have no doubts you are an officer Nick because your lack of smarts and speed at reaching the wrong conclusion remind me of most officers I met in the Military.

PS- This was all after 2 weeks at Badia Barracks where we creamed about 10 other units in every area.
You got evidence from a google search to answer a question I didn't ask.... Hmmm. I think you've jumped the gun on that one.

I know very well that 1 Commando Coy & 2 Commando Coy were raised in 1955, and that they were combined into 1 CDO REGT in 1981.

What you don't address is the fact that you joined SF direct entry BEFORE the direct entry scheme.... You see my issue.

PS- I won't be issuing you with an apology. I still don't believe you.
--
September 29th, 2010  
koalaburger
 
 
Nick,

To accuse somone on this site of being a fake you need to be bloody sure of your facts. Did you bother to call the commando unit at Georges Heights. I sent off today for my service record and I am going to get it to Redlegs by fax. I am then going to ask that you are banned from this site. To be a fake is about the worst sin on this site. To accuse someone as being a fake without even doing basic research is bloody outrageous. Direct entry into 1 Commando Company has been the case for years. We had to do a physical entry test at Georges Heights to even get selected. After I left a lot of cops joined because we could get 4 weeks a year off to do reserve work. Make a phone call you jerk instead of listening to equally ill informed mates over the back fence. I put in that site because you said direct entry into SF was not available to RES until 2003. So 1 Commando Company and 2 Commando Company RESERVE units activated in 1958 can't have reserves enter them.
I sure hope you are not an example of the quality of officer they have in the army now.

Contact Army History Unit: Available after next Tuesday on 6266 4248 or 62662280.
September 29th, 2010  
AussieNick
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalaburger
Nick,

To accuse somone on this site of being a fake you need to be bloody sure of your facts. Did you bother to call the commando unit at Georges Heights. I sent off today for my service record and I am going to get it to Redlegs by fax. I am then going to ask that you are banned from this site. To be a fake is about the worst sin on this site. To accuse someone as being a fake without even doing basic research is bloody outrageous. Direct entry into 1 Commando Company has been the case for years. We had to do a physical entry test at Georges Heights to even get selected. After I left a lot of cops joined because we could get 4 weeks a year off to do reserve work. Make a phone call you jerk instead of listening to equally ill informed mates over the back fence. I put in that site because you said direct entry into SF was not available to RES until 2003. So 1 Commando Company and 2 Commando Company RESERVE units activated in 1958 can't have reserves enter them.
I sure hope you are not an example of the quality of officer they have in the army now.

Contact Army History Unit: Available after next Tuesday on 6266 4248 or 62662280.
Cool it pall. Threats to try and get people banned won't work. But then again, you were a NSW cop in the 80's.... so I guess threats are a standard practice for you.

Read what I posted. Direct entry to the SF from enlistment was not available to either Reservists or Regulars until 2003. Now we're getting bogged down in semantics, and your having a go at officers (I'm sure you had a lot of experience with a wide range of officers in the 1 year you served). So, go and cool off. If you prove that you're legit, that's great, but I don't believe it until I get it confirmed by a moderator. If you doubt my credentials or knowledge of the unit we're talking about, check my service details.

I could contact HMAS Penguin, if I really cared, or even RHQ at Randwick.... But I don't.

All I've done is call you out because I think you're a fraud, I would think that a ex-serviceman would understand the desire to prevent misrepresentations.
September 29th, 2010  
SigJohnson
 
 
two words, black hats.
Sorry Nick, it was possible as a chock, even ARA .....at least for SIGS into 126 Sig and 152 Sig, both SF units.

BTW Koala, what was your ECN by chance?
September 29th, 2010  
koalaburger
 
 
Sig,

I can't remember after nearly 30 years. It doesn't matter that you agree with me that you could directly enter the Commandoes this idiot is so blinkered he won't even make a phone call to avoid smearing someone who worked their guts out to serve this country. I am done with this site. Redleg lets 03USMC run riot here too. This is just a bully buddies cocksucking site.
September 29th, 2010  
SigJohnson
 
 
Not sure I would call nick blinkered, you will note I aimed my comment towards the non grunt side of sf, in particular sigs
September 29th, 2010  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalaburger
Sig,

I can't remember after nearly 30 years. It doesn't matter that you agree with me that you could directly enter the Commandoes this idiot is so blinkered he won't even make a phone call to avoid smearing someone who worked their guts out to serve this country. I am done with this site. Redleg lets 03USMC run riot here too. This is just a bully buddies cocksucking site.
Jeez,... you sound like a 13 year old schoolgirl that's been interferred with.

Haven't you ever run into this type of argy bargy before? Serving one's country doesn't make people anything special as a person, just as being an officer does not.

What you have to remember is that Servicemen are just civvies who joined the services, their reasons for doing so running the whole gamut from some who just wanted to, some who thought it would make them "cool" or another Rambo, and some because they were unemployable anywhere else.

Returned servicemen are just a selection of the above who were priveleged to be able to serve their country when they were needed, and were lucky enough to return, some did their jobs above and beyond the call of duty, others were lazy skiving "head workers" who tried everything to avoid having to do their jobs, 99% just did as they were told because that is what they were expected to do when they signed on the dotted line.

Get over it, life goes on,....
September 29th, 2010  
AussieNick
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigJohnson
Not sure I would call nick blinkered, you will note I aimed my comment towards the non grunt side of sf, in particular sigs
Yeah my comments were directed towards the shooters of the SF world. I've never to sure about how the black hats did their thing, sigs have always been a bit of black magic to me.
 


Similar Topics
Reserves To Deploy For 'Another Generation'
Pentagon Disputes Report On National Guard, Reserves
Officials Say Reserves, Active Forces Not Getting Enough
Active then Reserves
Is the demand on the reserves and the guard too high?