Aussie MBT's

oops Ive double posted...
sorry bout that.
Yes, I do understand that quite well.

But my question is about how secure Australia's borders are. It's a pretty big island. It takes a lot of work to control all of this.

So when know that there is only 59 MBTs. It looks like a big gamble on the airforce. Like if the people responsible of Australia's defence are pretty sure that there is no one capable of setting a foothold on Aussie soil.

But I personnally still think that it very hard to say that the borders of such a big island are airtight...
well at the moment we are able to detect and intercept little boats full refugees 1000kms off shore some how i would think that we would notice a fleet for an invasion, and when we did notice we sink them with our air force and navy because our potential enemies don't have the ability to provide air cover to their invasion fleet...

talking worst case scenario here some how we missed all the obvious warning signs and our airforce and navy were busy...
right, even if they did get a beach head where are they going to land ???
I'm assuming up north, Darwin or Broome or (if they go any where else they have no chance of air cover and they get shot to schitt but even getting to this point is a miracle) some where but where to next? for this invading army it is 3000kms to the nearest meaningful or strategically important anything. through some of the worlds most in hospitable terrain and they have to worry about these dam tanks which are a hell of a lot better than any of our potential adversary...
have you heard of norforces regional force surveillance units, they are highly trained surveillance and guerrilla tactics experts largely made up of local aboriginals who can survive off the land with out supplies and and they also have huge hidden weapons catches scattered across the north. there are 3 battalions of these guys currently roaming Australia's top end in a stay behind enemy lines capability among other things they do.

also have you heard of the jindalee over the horizon radar network which can detect boats and planes (even stealth ones) from aus to the korean peninsular(on a good day) so i think it is highly unlikely we wouldn't know they were coming.

only 40% percent of our borders need to be covered for and invasion because of unsuitability unless a bunch of penguins are planning a hostile takeover of the great Australian bight..

and any way invading australia is a logistical nightmare...

Last edited:
Australians are really good at killing things, so why would anybody in any reasonble state of mind would want to launch a diaster (cause well, you must kinda succeed or occupy for awhile to call it an invasion) into Austrailia?

Tanks or no Tanks, they would still put up massive amounts of resistance. Let alone push said invaders back into the sea, not saying there aren't good fighters in the world, just not enough of them.

Considering the current government is happy for foreign corporations to buy us out, your a bit late captiva in saving us!!!!TIC.

The Chinese are going to take over all of Asia and their Army will all have the face of Benjamin Franklin. Or some random European bridge/window/animal.

Back