Aussie Army Modeling Project

AussiePride

Hi
I've been given a modeling project for one of my classes and i've chosen to do the Australian Army.
Things i would like to know:
Is it common for normal diggers and SF soliders to wear Recon wraps or Shemaghs on their faces ?

Are the tactical goggles standard issue ?

Do our Snipers normally wear ghillie suits ?

And any other special gear we get issued plz.

cheers

Recon

To answer your questions;

1. Yes
2. Er, depends on what corps. Infantry no, Armour yes
3. Er, not at the moment. They don't use them in the Middle East but they do have them
4. PRR, Ninox, Night Weapon Sights, the new body armour, LAND 125 Webbing and packs, brew mug,

Honestly though, I can only really give you an infantry point of view, and really, the way things are these days soldiers are using so much non-issue gear it's hard to say. For example my entire webbing is non-issue, from the plate carrier to the mag-pouches to the hydration, it's all after-market. I still have the issue pack though.

I suggest you have a look at the Department Of Defence website under the photo galleries of Afghanistan for a good up to date look at what our diggers and SF are wearing in the MEAO.

Just remember OPSEC when answering things like this guys.
Thanks. :smil:

Haha, opsec. Non existent.

Haven't seen any goggles in the system yet, oh well.

Get issued if you are going on a deployment, they don't take them back. Got to wear them for mortars now as well for safety crap.

Haha, opsec. Non existent.

Get issued if you are going on a deployment, they don't take them back. Got to wear them for mortars now as well for safety crap.

Not wrong about OPSEC in Australia. Everybody knows who's going overseas because it's in the bloody news. Fair enough on the mortar bit.

Yeah, but even for spies they don't know the difference between Jezzine and Lavarack, or at least they didn't when I was up north. Do you know if they've sold Jezzine yet?

Remember everyone, even though somethig is available on the internet, you can still go against OPSEC regulations just by repeating it yourself.

Remember everyone, even though somethig is available on the internet, you can still go against OPSEC regulations just by repeating it yourself.

No worries mate, nothing we'll say here will breach it. But in Aus it's pretty bloody lazy in terms of OPSEC regs anyway.

Back