Auschwitz

I heard it in the news today.

The representatives of the right-wing party NPD left the saxonian parliament during the being silent minute. F :cen: pr*cks... :2guns:

Bootboy82 said:

The representatives of the right-wing party NPD left the saxonian parliament during the being silent minute. F :cen: pr*cks... :2guns:
well we cant all be normal cant we ;)

Over the last week I have taken a lot of time to look at articles, tributes, etc about the aniversary. It is so hard to try to imagine the enormity of what the victims must have experienced. I believe that this is something that should never be forgotten. I know that I plan to increase my knowledge on the entire subject.

ewwwwwwwwwww

I been to that concentration camp and its rank, you can smell death. I'm being seriuos, it just lingers in the air!!

The place is awful

My Grandmither was among the ones who survived...It's good that most of the world remembers, but many people have forgotten. Some people don't believe it happended. Omly 60 years hav passed. If people keep forgetting, this could repeat itself.

Bootboy82 said:

lol...old habits die hard...

There is nothing funny about it. Six million of my people were slaughtered like cattle. most of our family in Poland was killed. In my mothers generations, most people had only their close family, no cousins and uncles, cause they were all killed.

oi oi

SHERMAN said:
There is nothing funny about it. Six million of my people were slaughtered like cattle. most of our family in Poland was killed. In my mothers generations, most people had only their close family, no cousins and uncles, cause they were all killed.

whoaaaaaaa there nelly, take a breath and count to 10, no 1 is taking the mick out of it. Its light hearted. You don't see us going mad over little humour comments over something bad. Just chill.

Doubt any harm was intended hun. Its the past, nothing can be changed but the future is made sure that it won't happen again.

Just chill sit back and enjoy the ride :p

whoaaaaaaa there nelly, take a breath and count to 10, no 1 is taking the mick out of it. Its light hearted. You don't see us going mad over little humour comments over something bad. Just chill.

I am perfectly calm, that was me stating the easier things you can say about this. There is place for comments like :
lol...old habits die hard...

There is nothing funny about the fact that people like the NPD are able to act like that and still run for parliament. There is nothingg to be taken easy about the mass murder of millions. This is not somethink to "chill" about.

Doubt any harm was intended hun. Its the past, nothing can be changed but the future is made sure that it won't happen again.

I never said any harm was meant, my post was merely meant to make rOK realize that he's post belittles the pure dangoure that lies behind people like that still being around. As to it being the past, that is pure nonsens. It can and will happen again if we treat people like the NPD like fools when we should treat them as threats to humanity and democracy.

And with due respect, I really dont see what is the point behind you trying to calm me down. I have as much proportion as any one else here, and when I get upset(which happens rarely), it happens with a reason. I live in a country that is in war for the past 56 years. Suicide bombings, shootings, rocket and missile attacks, all are apart of day to day rutine. I can laugh about alot of it. I cannot, and neither can you imagine Auswitz in the war. It is a massacre beyond anyones most horrible dreams. People were being killed like cows at meat factories. the ground there is soaked with the blood of people slautered just because they were Jewish. No, If I allow people to treat these "nationalist"(who are really just facists in poor disguise) as a funny/ weird people and not as what they are(the next generation of Hitlers and Himlers), I would not be doing my job as moderator, as a Jew, or as human being.

Amit.

I don't think you overreacted at all Sherman, it isn't a topic to be taken lightly at all. Millions of people were slaughtered because they were considered "inferior" without stopping for a moment to think that they were still "people". People haven't learned their lessons though, because how many people were/are outraged over the genocides that occur in Africa or even realize what is happening. Although modern media has brought incidents closer to the home, people seem more willing to insulate themselves from the horrors that have been and are still being committed in the world.

With all respect I do understand that there are always new generations that dont know or chooses not to remember or dont see it. But I can honestly say from my heart that I am getting sick of all movies, talks, song texts, cermonys and all that stuff. Now I am honest. But I dont like to be brainwashed every year as long as I live to be honest.

In 9th grade I had to leave my classroom and puke in the closest garbage bucket and leave for the day after seeing those horror movies from Auschwitz and other places. I could not see Shindlers List without leaving the cinema puking again. And Anya have you smelled dead people? I have and I can assure you that -that smell you never forget, this subject is nothing to make fun about ma`m. :|

Doc.S
:viking:

oi

Are you jumping to the conclusion I don't know what a dead body looks like that I have never smelt it? You might want to ask your self a few certain question about me if you want to know more than PM, as my experience in this sort of thing can not be aired on a public forum for every one to read do to personal issues.

I never meant any harm by my comment I was just saying what I saw and that was seeing some one who was biting at a joke with no hard intentions.

So is the general feeling cus I am young at 22 or female that I don't know what this feels like?

Doc.S said:
With all respect I do understand that there are always new generations that dont know or chooses not to remember or dont see it. But I can honestly say from my heart that I am getting sick of all movies, talks, song texts, cermonys and all that stuff. Now I am honest. But I dont like to be brainwashed every year as long as I live to be honest.

In 9th grade I had to leave my classroom and puke in the closest garbage bucket and leave for the day after seeing those horror movies from Auschwitz and other places. I could not see Shindlers List without leaving the cinema puking again. And Anya have you smelled dead people? I have and I can assure you that -that smell you never forget, this subject is nothing to make fun about ma`m. :|

Doc.S

Saw the same film, I had to look away at times to not puke. :(

I respect the_13th_redneck quote calm down, and AlexKall one thing that strikes me first is that in sweden I dont know if there was other types of systems to learn about the Holocaust in school when you was a kid? But the first person I get in to my head when someone talks about Holocaust is Adolf Hitler. It wasnt untill I did a special work on the Holocaust subject in folk high school that I got any extensive information about the Holocaust after WW2 that was commited by Stalin and others of that system, and back then I had to search alot harder for information I can assure you that.

I think honestly that my old teachers consentrated all their energy on Germany and their part in this evil Holocaust thing. I have a gut feeling that over here they just leave that sensitive Holocaust history outside the schools and Soviet Unions part of it deliberately to be honest. What did you learn sir? Anything about Soviet Union as a part of the Holocaust? I can swear I did not, untill I took the issue in my own hands at older age so to say. Can be something about our political system (a special party) maybe, I think so, they seems to have great influence on our school system if a man can believe (Uppdrag Granskning) Mission Perusal at Tv. :?

Doc.S

That is true. Somehow the Soviets managed to escape the whole thing. Funny if you think about it. Maybe if the same emphasis was made in school, there wouldn't so many new-born Communists (or "MARXIST-HUMANISTS" PFFT) around.

You know what's weird? On June 25th, the day of the beginning of the Korean War, there were always special programs each year about the conflict. When I was about even up to about 9 years old, we were taught about the invading North Koreans, how they tore through our defenses, entered the city and massacred our people. Years later now there is hardly a mention of that, though a recent movie, Tae Guk Gi, put that back in the picture (and was fair enough as it did show South Korean atrocities as well, which largely came after the recapture of Seoul). Nowadays it's all crying family members who are seeing each other for the first time since the 1950s... or the son/daughter of the person they last saw etc. Touching stuff. But forgetting something very important.

Not meaning to blow trumpets about stuff from my country but if you want to watch a good war film, I highly recommend "Tae Guk Gi." It does have one weak part, I'll tell you now, there is a part that goes on for about a minute or less that has some F-4U Corsairs... but someone really needed to work on the computer graphics for that. Why they failed there is a mystery but the rest of the movie is very solid.

Argh I've strayed off topic... but does link with atrocities and forgetfulness.
My apologies but I did want to get this out on light of where the discussion had arrived.

just a question?

I know this may sound stupid but if England threatened Germany sooner or acted quicker would it of saved a few more jews from concentration camps?

I know we stood by poland but we made the 3 threats ( by the law like your supposed to) then when in to help. If we acted sooner would the out come be different?

That is true. Somehow the Soviets managed to escape the whole thing. Funny if you think about it. Maybe if the same emphasis was made in school, there wouldn't so many new-born Communists (or "MARXIST-HUMANISTS" PFFT) around.

Sir over here after the program the young Left Wing did loose alot of suport and not only that, the main party did loose even bigger after showing the close connections between the Communist Party in the Soviet Union between 1970ts all the way in to our days 2005 where the party leader of the Left Wing party is open communist that sits togheter with the swedish government the so called Social Democrats and the Green Party.

Theese partys have been ruling this country for a very long time so they dont want any criticism that can show their true nature with the history they condemn with censorious terms. We didnt know anything about Soviet and the Holocaust thats for sure. If more youngsters would learn the true colours of what they are idolize maby they would understand that they are no better then the neo-nazis if you ask me that is.

I say scrap all these old thinking and do it fair and informative and less younglings would get in to trouble and make this healing process even longer then it has to be for some ppl. It is the only fair thing to do. They surely cant complain about crazy leaders and great ideology untill this world breaks. Nazis are not accepted why should theese monsters (Left wing) ideologys be accepted as far as to this centurys government assemblys? I cant get that thing straight in my head to be honest? Sorry but I`m answering good question and makes some questions.

Doc.S

Back