Auschwitz

I'm waiting for investigation of Soviet camps.

How many russians are murdered by communist goverment? How many german prisoners have been killed in Siperia? How many polish prisoners have been murdered in Katyn? Somehow that is not talked a lot about but german camps are also much more mediasexyer.

the_13th_redneck said:
You know such an investigation will never happen.

How many peoples has communism killed in the world? About 120 millions, and mostly own citizens in peace time. That is a big pile of bodies. Somehow no-one wants to remember them.

@ Sherman:

It was meant as sarcasm, I guess it just came out wrong or maybe you jumped the gun too early whilst not understanding the full meaning of it.

What I think about when I see or read about the camps like Treblinka or Auschwitz, what strikes me is the methodical, mechanical, totally detached manner by which the Jewish people were killed. I might could see a situation in which a prisoner or prisoners of war would have to be executed but not in such a fashion. Man's inhumanity to man, I'll never understand nor will I try.

EuroSpike said:
the_13th_redneck said:
You know such an investigation will never happen.

How many peoples has communism killed in the world? About 120 millions, and mostly own citizens in peace time. That is a big pile of bodies. Somehow no-one wants to remember them.

We will never know.
An incredible amount of Koreans have died because of Communism as well. From the massacre of South Korean Christians during the Korean War, and also the Stalin's forced moving of Koreans in the Vladivostok area to Kazakhstan. The rail route took them through Siberia. They were in uninsulated rail cars. The old volunteered to be the outer layer and they put the young in the middle. They made the insulation that way. Needless to say countless people died on that trip and as a result of the relocation, there is a significant Korean community in Kazakhstan.
Not to mention the ongoing doings in North Korea, though it seems more died as a result of the failure of Communism than actual murders.

But of course we all know about Cambodia... another fine thing that is being covered up like there's no tomorrow. I believe they had a population of what... 6 million? They killed off anywhere between a million to two million people. When I was in Belgium and talked to people there about this, they didn't know. I thought it was just incredible. Here are two couple sitting here with their baby, believing that Capitalism is evil and Communism is the answer, and they don't even know what happened in Cambodia!!!!

Missileer said:
What I think about when I see or read about the camps like Treblinka or Auschwitz, what strikes me is the methodical, mechanical, totally detached manner by which the Jewish people were killed. I might could see a situation in which a prisoner or prisoners of war would have to be executed but not in such a fashion. Man's inhumanity to man, I'll never understand nor will I try.

Not trying to justify their deaths here, but if you think about it, the operations to kill off the Jews probably took away a LOT of the supplies and ate up a lot of the logistics that could have been used on the fighting fronts. So in a way, these people who died in the camps ended up being probably the most unsung as Heroes who helped win the war.

the_13th_redneck said:
Not trying to justify their deaths here, but if you think about it, the operations to kill off the Jews probably took away a LOT of the supplies and ate up a lot of the logistics that could have been used on the fighting fronts. So in a way, these people who died in the camps ended up being probably the most unsung as Heroes who helped win the war.

That's why gas chambers were erected...the Nazis figured they spend too much ammo and that shootings take too long.

Didn't alleviate their railroad needs. Railroads were vital to the war machine but they tossed that resource away and used it to send millions to the camps instead. Their Reich was almost totally collapsed and still the trains went on their way to the camps.

rOk said:
That's why gas chambers were erected...the Nazis figured they spend too much ammo and that shootings take too long.

Any idea how much logistical effort it takes to round up and transport all those people?? Not to mention the cremations. That used up all kinds of fuels that could have been used elsewhere. Imagine if all that effort was put into re-equipping and resupplying their soldiers at the fronts.

the_13th_redneck said:
rOk said:

Any idea how much logistical effort it takes to round up and transport all those people?? Not to mention the cremations. That used up all kinds of fuels that could have been used elsewhere. Imagine if all that effort was put into re-equipping and resupplying their soldiers at the fronts.

I guess "the final solution" had a bigger priority. It's ironic actually...that the resources used in the camps would have helped much at the front...just another of Hitler's fiascos.

Doc.S said:
I respect the_13th_redneck quote calm down, and AlexKall one thing that strikes me first is that in sweden I dont know if there was other types of systems to learn about the Holocaust in school when you was a kid? But the first person I get in to my head when someone talks about Holocaust is Adolf Hitler. It wasnt untill I did a special work on the Holocaust subject in folk high school that I got any extensive information about the Holocaust after WW2 that was commited by Stalin and others of that system, and back then I had to search alot harder for information I can assure you that.

I think honestly that my old teachers consentrated all their energy on Germany and their part in this evil Holocaust thing. I have a gut feeling that over here they just leave that sensitive Holocaust history outside the schools and Soviet Unions part of it deliberately to be honest. What did you learn sir? Anything about Soviet Union as a part of the Holocaust? I can swear I did not, untill I took the issue in my own hands at older age so to say. Can be something about our political system (a special party) maybe, I think so, they seems to have great influence on our school system if a man can believe (Uppdrag Granskning) Mission Perusal at Tv. :?

Doc.S
:viking:

Exact same thing back when I was tought about it. I don't recall Stalins name comming up more then at tops 3 times during and it had something to do with the NGerman assault on russia. We did complain about this but nothing happened, which is sad, to only give on side. I'm guessing it might have been remains of the soviet fear from the 80ies and early 90ies :?

Or the leftish government, although they're not that leftish(S) now adays, so its strange if it still remains. I guess it might always remain.

Back