Attack on remote Afghan outposts kills 8 US troops (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Militant fighters streaming from a village and a mosque attacked a pair of remote outposts near the Pakistan border, killing eight American soldiers and as many as seven Afghan forces in one of the fiercest attacks of the troubled eight-year war.

More...

This sounds a lot like Baghdad Bob, lets face it, we either have to take this on with a whole new idea or get out (from my personaly POV, stay and clear this mess up). As so often, its the politicians looking at their polls that are responsible for a lot of the mess we have gotten in during the last three years (and I am all for winning the human terrain aspect, but give the troops the means to do that).

I know you guys are always blaming media, but read this Micheal Yon article (and the comments): http://www.michaelyon-online.com/yon-the-greatest-afghan-war.htm and then tell me that journalists are crap.

I have had two German backpacker guests in my house for the last two days which are BW and just came home from A´stan, the stories they told paint exactly the same picture: Corruption, corruption, corruption, and the international forces well involved.

They paint the Afghan Karzai Government as a Narcocracy going over corpses and actually aiding the warlords and Taliban to secure thier profits and get the intl. forces out as fast as possible.

They told me that they actually had to protect narco convois on order, because for some politicians at home that made political sense.

Rattler

Last edited:
I don't doubt the corruption at all and I think trying to create a democracy right off the bat in a country that has no working economy, industry, education etc., is a terribly bad joke.
Corruption is rampant but you're just going to have to live with it. If you go against it at this point you'll get nothing done.
It's like in poor corrupt countries, when you submit a form for anything, you have to submit it with some extra paper, usually the one with the President's face on it. Or your application form will be at the bottom of the in tray forever.

Back