Attack Helicopter Language

Trevinboy

Greetings once again, military community! I praise your dedication and bravery! Once again, I am stuck with a scenerio for which I am currently writing about. This time, I have a unit/formation/squadron of attack helicopters getting ready to initiate an attack against an enemy armored division. Can someone kindly help me to sim a situation. Here's the scenerio:

Formation of attack helicopter squadron leader needs to communicate to his command to inform them that he has a large column of enemy t72 tanks on the move and headed towards friendly positions. Would the squadron leader take out the large column with AGMs or rockets perhaps? What would it sound like between the squadron leader and command center?

would it be:
SL: Squadron leader to command, over.
C: Command, come in, squadron leader, over.
SL: Advancing enemy tanks spotted, please advise, over.
C: You are cleared to engage, over.
SL: coordinating attack with squadron, over....etc.
???

Thanks again guys! Really appreciate your input and it will not go unnoticed, as I will thank the forum with an acknowledgement in my book.

A something like:

Gunslinger Lead to Puzzle Palace , be advised I have a formation of Three-Zero T72's at xxxxxxx, request weapons free.

Gunslinger Lead .

I know them, they tend to get weapons free more often then most! :shock::angel:

"Alfa Quebec, I got a full load of 30 mike mike, I got your left flank untill further noticed. Gunslinger out."

KJ sends..

Last edited:
I know them, they tend to get weapons free more often then most! :shock::angel:

"Alfa Quebec, I got a full load of 30 mike mike, I got your left flank untill further noticed. Gunslinger out."

KJ sends..

Gunslinger this is Razor 15 advise when on station and ready to copy nine line over.

Last edited:
Gunslinger Lead to Puzzle Palace , be advised I have a formation of Three-Zero T72's at xxxxxxx, request weapons free.
So basically, Gunslinger is the squadron leader and Puzzle Palace would be C.I.C (Command Information Center)?

Gunslinger Lead would be the lead aircraft in the Sortie' other Aircraft would be designated as Gunslinger 2, Gunslinger 3 ETC, or referred to by the FAC as Dash what ever number.

Puzzle Palace would be the CIC or TOC wherever the particular ALO was located.

Gunslinger Lead would be the lead aircraft in the Sortie' other Aircraft would be designated as Gunslinger 2, Gunslinger 3 ETC, or referred to by the FAC as Dash what ever number.

Puzzle Palace would be the CIC or TOC wherever the particular ALO was located.

Funky names... "Puzzle-Palace." Sounds like a theme park for those gifted enough to solve puzzles quickly.

Funky names... "Puzzle-Palace." Sounds like a theme park for those gifted enough to solve puzzles quickly.

Puzzle Palace is a derogatory term for the TOC or higher, in that no one knows how they come to decisions, hence it's a puzzle, hence Puzzle Palace.

Back