Atheist challenges "In God We Trust"

The real issue as I see it (serously this time) is a failure of universal public education.

We've got a generation or few now that can not seperate true fact from fantasy.

The "freedom of religion" has been turned into the "freedom from religion" and the guarentees set forth in the 1st Amendment (sorry, got it wrong by 1 in the first reply) are now read as exclusivly applying protection to those that wish to attack The Constitution.

Not only is this guy "quoting" elements that do not exist in The Constitution as "constitutional proof" of his possition, he's even twisting that quote which is found in The Federalist Papers.

Now, he and others of his ilk are continuing their attempts at "de-religionizing" the USA with the goal of eventually installing their twisted idiocracy as the new governing form along with an official State Religion of Athiesm.

I can see these moronites eventually pushing the USA into another bloody civil war. Lord knows they constantly spew their agitprop BS about the need for a revolution.

Whispering Death said:
behemoth79 said:
like its been said. better to live believing there is a God and die to find out there isnt, than to live believing there is not God and die to find out that there is.

Believe it or not, as an Atheist I actually agree with this quote. There is a good reason that religion is the "opiate of the masses". It is hard for many people to face the cold hard facts of reality, much eaiser to believe a white lie that makes everyone feel good.

behemoth79 said:
keep it. to deny religion and morality in our government is to deny the existence of our government.

Highly disagree. The history of democracy has been a cycle of amorality and abuse followed by a "cleaining house" like Teddy Roosevelt did. (Might I add, I'm still praying for a similar T.R. some 75 years later to clean our house). But outside of the amorality that is inherent in the democratic process I ask you this, "would you be less moral if there where no god?" Think about that question, behemoth. Is the only reason you give to chairity and do good in the world because you fear a god's wrath sending you to hell? Would you be a horrible amoral evil human-being if you found out there was no god? Or is it, perhaps, that you are actually a better person than one who just lives out of fear?

as for the first part, i dont think you got the message. live beliving in God, and your death results are 1. you just die, or 2. you go to heaven. Live believing there is no God and your death results are 1. you just die, or 2. you go to hell. so i tell you, for nothing else, play it safe.

as for the second part, im not moral because i fear God's wrath. Im not a Christian because im moral. im moral because im a Chritian. you dont have to be a christian to be moral. You can be the most moral person on earth. but, as i belive, if you dont accept Jesus as your savior, you go to hell. (simply put of course). if i wasnt a Christian, i would probable still be moral. its because thats the way my parents raised me.

now id love to get into a discussion about this via PM if ud like but lets keep this on topic.

there is nothing in the first amendment that says that putting In God We Trust on money is a violation of the first amendment. lately ive seen that atheism is just an excuse to attack christianity. (im not referring to you whispering). If you want to be athiest go ahead. just dont infringe on my first amendment right to be a christian.

I believe that the last few lines in the post above nailed it for me.

From my perspective, it's not about the religion. What religious beliefs I have are no ones buisness but my own. I will practice what I choose to practice and the only way I'll be stopped is if I am killed.

And. My beliefs arent everyones. I dont expect them to be. I dont care. Yours are your buisness not mine.

But. I swore an oath. That oath had in it the clause..."to protect The Constitution..." and so I do to the best of my limited ability. I take such things as oaths seriously.

I do not believe that ignorance or stupidity is an allowable excuse.

What this man, and others like him are doing is attacking The Constitution. He and they, lie. They invent clauses and meaning that does not exist in The Constitution. He and they rely upon the ignorance and stupidity of those around them to get away with those inventions.

Just because rant-o-chanter repeat something adnauseum dont make it real. There is no clause in The Constitution that permits, condones, implies or allows for this attack on The Constitution. These people lie, and fools follow.

This is not just an attack on Christianity. Its an open, bald faced attack on any and all USA culture.
Anyone interested in finding the most recent roots of such filth, read up on The School of Frankfurt (aka the school of marx at frankfurt) and the "authors" produced from that school that've been publishing since the '50s. You'll find their collected works are pretty much the backbone of current liberal dogma.

as for the second part, im not moral because i fear God's wrath. Im not a Christian because im moral. im moral because im a Chritian. you dont have to be a christian to be moral. You can be the most moral person on earth. but, as i belive, if you dont accept Jesus as your savior, you go to hell. (simply put of course). if i wasnt a Christian, i would probable still be moral. its because thats the way my parents raised me.

couldn't have said it better myself

as for michael newdow i have an article for him
[urlhttp://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=pledge]Check this out[/url]

many atheists that i know are full of themselves and their opinions over everything, basically being an atheist means that you think 90% of the world is wrong, the only reason that he is doing this is to spite his wife i believe, he is always whining about family court being screwed up because he can't have his daughter. I was watching an interview with him on Hannity and Colmes(that was the special one with oliver north) and half way through newdow goes nuts and starts saying "YOU WANNA HAVE A SESSION ABOUT FAMILY COURT WE CAN HAVE A SESSION ABOUT FAMILY COURT WHERE I WILL PROVE THAT FAMILY COURT SUCKS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"
first off, he says he went against the pledge for his daughter but now he is "strengthening the constitution"
second, he is a lawyer AND a doctor, that much schooling would drive anyone mad

All I know is that this man just wants to bankrupt the US a bit more. To recall all the bills and print new dollars would be a pain and the arse and cost the American taxpayer. Also, if "In God We Trust" was so offensive, people through out history would be angry about it. Besides, "In God We Trust" is vague enough to refer to any God and doesn't really exclude anyone. While others believe in their own faith, even atheists can say, "In God we trust"... to not exist. :D

Darkmb101 said:
Also, if "In God We Trust" was so offensive, people through out history would be angry about it. Besides, "In God We Trust" is vague enough to refer to any God and doesn't really exclude anyone. While others believe in their own faith, even atheists can say, "In God we trust"... to not exist. :D

Brilliant Dark, except for one thing I wanted to say that first (swine lol). However lets make it less ambigous for you my american friends change it to (but only on newly printed cash) "In God(s) we trust" that way its open for everyone. I am an atheist and I dont care whats on the money as long as its excepted when I want to buy something.

What is the big deal, if your religous fair play, you have a belief that you hold dear. Who am I to say you cant have that, just because I choose not to believe that? The only time I have a right to comment on someones religion is when those people try and force it down my throat and convert me (swift kick to a tactical area of the body works well then!!!*). I dont let it bother me enough to take up arms against anyone, not even Islamic extremists.

I get annoyed at extremists full stop for hiding behind religion, I have a the pleasure of calling people my friends who come from all religous backgrounds (christian, jewish, muslim, hindu, sikh, budhist) and we talk about this as a group of friends quite often and none of us can see the point in getting worked up over something as minor as a few little words!

Thats me done

p.s. * by tactical area I mean the groin!!!!! :twisted:

Im not a religous man but please how sad can you get just because one man is an athiest doesnt mean we all are and as iv been told the us belives that it is a country of religion and by that i mean that its dedicated to religion and also other topics

Back