ASVAB

The lowest ASVAB score you can get is a 31, and that'll get you into the Army. Marines are 32, Navy is 35. I'm not sure what's the minimum for the Coast Guard and Air Force.

Don't go for the bare minimum though. You'll be stuck getting infantry options only, or at least that's why I've been told by recruiters.

?

SF does not require you to have a 95, It is a qualification school. Up till going you will have to pass several prerequisites however, airborne school being one, also going as a combat arms Mos will help. Now correct me if I'm wrong but from what I believe they use one of your individual criteria scores to help determine your ability to test for the school. The only jobs that I'm aware of that would require a 95 would be a nuclear tech in the navy, and even that I wouldn't think would require a score like that. Remember the score doesn't mean much. It is your individual scores that hold the real meaning. The whole test really isn't graded like you are thinking. Its an aptitude test. You can score a 50 on the total and still have a higher GT rating than someone who scored a 95.

SF requires a GT of 107 (18C requires 110) and a CO of 98. Like 11C said, the overall score doesn't matter as long as the line scores add up for GT and CO within the accepted amount.

It is a myth that Infantry gets the "dumb" guys. I was an Army Recruiter and off the top of my head I can think of at least three fields (Administration, Transportation, and Food Service) which generally required lower ASVAB scores than Infantry.

Back