ASVAB - Page 8

--

April 4th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

In 2002 when I took the ASVAB my overall (AFQT) was 96. I got a:

GT 134, MM 134, CL 0, EL 127 It has been a few years since I took the ASVAB so that may be why the CL score is a 0. My AFQT score is also a 0 since the ASVAB (for the military) is not good after a year.

Excerpt from my SRB (Service Record Book):

CLAS/ASGN TEST TYPE: DATE: GT/GCT: 134 SCORE: GT: 134 MM: 134 CL: 0 EL: 127 ARMY RADIO CODE SCORE: 0 DATE: AFQT FORM #: AFQT: 0 ELEC/DP TEST SCORE: 000 DATE: DLAB SCORE: 0 DATE:
November 15th, 2006  
EuropeanAmerican

Topic: Asvab

So I just got my ASVAB scores back and I have no clue at all as to what any of it means. All I see is a bunch of numbers but I'm not sure which ones apply to me. If anyone has any information as to what on the paper are my scores it would be a great help.
November 15th, 2006  
Fox

If you got more than all 50's, you're passed for the military.
--
November 15th, 2006  
bulldogg

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjo...vabminimum.htm

http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/mos/asvab.html

These oughta help clear it up some.

Quote:
ASVAB Score - The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31 to qualify for enlistment. However, in recent months, the Army has been approving more and more waivers for those with scores as low as 26 (Category IVA). To qualify for certain enlistment incentives, such as enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit must score a minimum of 50.
Quote:
ASVAB Score - Air Force recruits must score at least 36 points the 99-point ASVAB (Note: The "Overall" ASVAB Score is known as the "AFQT Score," or "Armed Forces Qualification Test Score"). Exceptions are made, however, for a handful of high school graduates who can score as low as 21. But these "category four- A" recruits (by regulation) cannot exceed more than one percent of all recruits per year. (Note: A "Category IVA recruit is a recruit who scores between 16 and 30 on the AFQT). In actuality, the number of Cat IVA recruits the Air Force generally accepts each year is about 0.1 percent of the Air Force's annual accessions.
Quote:
ASVAB Score - Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32. A very few exceptions are made (about one percent) for some exceptionally otherwise qualified recruits with scores as low as 25.
Quote:
ASVAB Score - Navy recruits must score at least 35 on the AFQT. The Navy raised this requirement from 31 in 2003 for active duty accessions. Reserve enlistment programs still only require a score of 31. Additionally, because of limited berths on ships, the Navy limits the number of women they can enlist each year. Quite often, when there are too many female applicants, the Navy will require a higher ASVAB score for females in order to decide which women get to enlist and which don't.
Quote:
ASVAB Score - The Coast Guard requires a minimum of 40 points on the AFQT for those who took the ASVAB prior to July 1, 2004, and 36 for those who take the ASVAB after July 1, 2004. A waiver is possible if a recruit's ASVAB Line Scores qualify them for a specific job, and the recruit is willing to enlist in that job.
November 15th, 2006  
therise21

so how did you do?
November 20th, 2006  
EuropeanAmerican

My AFQT score is 76, but I'm not sure which one of the columns of numbers are my score, the column on the far left everything is above 60 cept the Auto one which is 42. I'm not at my house right now but once I get home I'll give the exact numbers.
November 21st, 2006  
Damien435

Wasn't there a recruiter there to explain to you what the different scores mean?
December 6th, 2006  
EuropeanAmerican

Ok here are my scores: AFQT=76
Verbal Skill=60
Math Skill=59
Science and Technical Skills+67
General Science=58
Arithmetic Reasoning=60
Word Knowledge=61
Paragraph Comprehension=60
Mathematics Knowledge=57
Electronics Informations=64
Auto and Shop Information=42
Mechanical Comprehension=73

Thats what it says under "11th grade standard scores"

good or bad and do I qualify for 19k M1 armor crewman?
December 8th, 2006  
Big_Z

Don't worry about your ASVAB score, the GT score is what matters. This can be found on your 2-1 document. If you score a 110 or higher you are good to go. Officers need at least a 110 as well as certian MOS's such as Special Forces Medic. If every score under your GT breakdown is a 110 or higher, you can get the clearances, and have a PULHES of 111111 you can do ANYTHING in the military.
March 21st, 2007  
Bitmapman

Topic: ASVAB Scores

Hey everyone,

Where on earth do I look up my ASVAB scores? I took the test about a year ago through my high school, and I never got the results.

All I know is that my recruiter told me I got a 93 on it. I don't have the faintest idea what that means.

I've been searching around on the internet for a way to look up the breakdown of my scores, but I have had no luck.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,
Luke