ASVAB - Page 5

--

October 18th, 2004  
Focus Fate

Topic: ASVAB question

I am planning on going into the Marines for Field Radio Operator (MOS 0621) and an EL score of 90 or higher is needed. Is an EL of 90 hard to get, or easy? I've read how its added, (GS+AR+MK+EI) and was wondering how good at math you need to be to get that kind of an EL score. Thanks![/b]
October 19th, 2004  
webs

maybe you should try a practice ASVAB test on military.com

i didnt do so good, i got a 76.

on the practice test they tested you on mechanical instruments, so u should study up on that.
October 19th, 2004  
Rotty261

Go out to your local book store and buy a book to help you study for the ASVAB. They are good study guides and can really help you prepare for a test.
--
October 19th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I got a EL score of like 130 and I have not really played with electronics to any great extent. There are some general questions about current, ohms, AC/DC, adaptors, leds, ect. There was also a diagram of a circuit on the ASVAB.

More or less it is common knowledge stuff. If you read an article on electricity that goes over the basics you should be ok.
October 22nd, 2004  
Pigpen

same here, I got a 96 on the ASVAB & they told me to pick any job but MP (no drivers license at the time...)
December 2nd, 2004  
bllrby2104

Topic: ASVAB

What is the scoring system for the ASVAB test? What is the best score you could get? What kind of score do you need to do what kind of job?
December 2nd, 2004  
catalinargonzalez

Topic: Re: ASVAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bllrby2104
What is the scoring system for the ASVAB test? What is the best score you could get? What kind of score do you need to do what kind of job?
99 is the highest you can get
The jobs you need a higher MOS for are usually MI (military intelligence) (75 or better)
As a general rule you need a 31 to enlist, you can qualify for infantry, cook, and that stuff. If you have a GED, you have to have a 50.
Hope it helps
December 3rd, 2004  
bllrby2104

Thanks alot. What does "MOS" and "GED" stand for?
December 3rd, 2004  
egoz

I think recently they changed the scoring system to a percentile. So if you scored a 94, that means you were in the 94th percentile. In other words, you scored better than 94% of the people who took the test. It's supposed to be a little bit harder to score high using that system.
December 5th, 2004  
dlippert

MOS = method of service (job)
GED = General equivilant diploma (I think, its a test you take to get a high school diploma).

i found the fake asvab that the recruiter gave me brutally easy (98th percentile). we'll see if the real one is any hader.