Assault Rifle - Page 9

--

August 24th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

My only deal with a bull-pup is you can't shoot it from your weak side (left side). The extrator is next to your ear. So the shells hit you. With the AR-15 you can shoot from either side. The extrator is in front of you and there is also a shell deflector to prevent it from hitting you. The only Weapon that I like other than that is the FN P90 or the old Calico SMG. They ejected the spent cartridges through the bottom.
August 24th, 2005  
SMPRfidlis

Thanks for clearing up my question between the rifles
August 24th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
My only deal with a bull-pup is you can't shoot it from your weak side (left side). The extrator is next to your ear. So the shells hit you. With the AR-15 you can shoot from either side. The extrator is in front of you and there is also a shell deflector to prevent it from hitting you. The only Weapon that I like other than that is the FN P90 or the old Calico SMG. They ejected the spent cartridges through the bottom.
Ditto.
--
August 24th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Well the shell casing being ejected from gun on the right hand side affects most guns. Now what a bolt action rifle they are designed for right handed people. So whats all the fuss about the bullpup design ejecting only from that side.
August 24th, 2005  
Shadowalker

The F2000 ejects the spent cartridges forwards making it suitable for left and right handed people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2000
August 25th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

Much like the AR-15 already. All the "new" features are already standard on the AR-15 platform. Piccatany Rails, Free Floating Barrels, Modular weapon assemblies, modular caliber conversions, and so on. If you want a heavy hititng rifle. You get a AR-15 upper chambered in 7.62X51mm. Boom, DM rifle right there. Anti-Armour Rifle, you change the upper and slap on a .50 BMG upper and use the same lower. Boom, done, NEXT! General Machine Gun. You once again change the upper and use the Aeres Shrike upper. It can use both the linked 5.56X45mm ammunition or the standard magazine just like the FN 249 SAW. If you need a pistol caliber SMG. Change the upper again to a pistol calibered one. The sky is the limit with it. And that french thing that I saw. It's not going to sell. The US Army tried that with that OCWS crap.
August 25th, 2005  
SAINT

for me... the M-16 rifles are the best.

The newer versions of the M-16 are still in use with the US forces.

The M-16 is much like the icon of democracy and freedom.

[/b]
August 25th, 2005  
Rabs

^^

you know i never thought of it that way.

The Ak-47 represents oppresion if you think about it, who uses it and who made it.
August 25th, 2005  
Locke

the two previous posts are so true.
for some reason the M-16 just seems right, and the AK is teh weapon of choice of "the baddies" this is probably just a hollywood stereotype which is becoming ingrain but oh well

i cant say from person experience, but teh m-16 sure looks like a nice gun!
August 25th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
for me... the M-16 rifles are the best.

The newer versions of the M-16 are still in use with the US forces.

The M-16 is much like the icon of democracy and freedom.

[/b]
1963-2005, yup she kind of is.