Assault Rifle

H&K G36 :rambo:

G36_mitGranatwerfer.jpg

in this special case combined with the grenade launcher AG36

Assault Rifle do not exist. It is a poltical term that was created by anti-gun grabbers to scare non firearm owning people.

Now that you give us a choice of chambering, I would very much like a Robinson Armament XCR in 6.5 Grendel with a 20" barrel and a Horus Vision Talon scope.

Assault Rifle do not exist. It is a poltical term that was created by anti-gun grabbers to scare non firearm owning people.

What about STG44? The people called it first assault rifle in the world at that time....Wondering who called it first assault rifle? Hitler? Some bunch of Soviets? Americans? heh...

Well, Fox, if I recall correctly, it was designated MP44 until Hitler fired it. He then named it Sturmgewehr (Storm Rifle) for propoganda value which somehow got turned into the generic English term assault rifle, meaning an intermediate caliber rifle capable of full-automatic firing.

5.56, I think that Assault Rifles really can be classed separately from self-loading rifles and battle rifles.

probably the AK-47... i dont like cleaning...but than id have to go for a good 2 to 3 weeks of intens shooting ranges to adapt from my M16...

You always prefer what you're trained to use.

EXACTLY , people are going to choose the rifle that they are trained with , in theory thats what is going to keep u alive , your training . So in my case the SA80A2 but i for the sake of arguement if i wasnt trained with the SA80A2 , i would proberly pick the AK 47 for its realibility and relative ease of use :)

hey what about a G3 or a hk33 how often do you have to clean that im always wondering about that

sorry for the double just want to see if the avator is showing

Last edited by a moderator:
For good measure if it's a weapon you use on a regular basis then you should ideally clean it once a day and also after shooting it.
In the field, whenever you can. This may not be very often even though it is here that cleaning your weapon is most important. You can do the most basic rifle cleaning in the field under three minutes.
Even weapons you do not use will rust if you don't clean them.
Though I haven't used the G-3, I would assume if that's your primary rifle, you should clean it once a day, usually in the morning because it might get some dew on it and that's going to speed up rust.
Personally I didn't mind cleaning my K-2.
K2a1.jpg

Last edited:
I've cleaned my AK maybe three or four times in the last three years. (Not including the occasional wipe down in gun oil)

It absolutely reeks of cordite and burned wood.:smile:

My friends hate to shoot it because the smell gets on their clothes and their hands.:lol:

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the weapon and how much it is being used, and how reliant you are on it working perfectly every time. Some seem far more prone to powder fouling than others this also applies to leading of the barrel.

In fairness to yourself, it is always a good idea to keep your weapon as clean as possible, even if it only means giving it a pull through and scrubbing the parts subject to fouling with an old tooth brush then just wiping it all over with a slightly oily rag, 5 minutes, maximum.

There's something about the smell of a freshly cleaned firearm when done with a carbolic based gun oil like Young's 303. Mmmmm.

Back