Assault Rifle - Page 6

--

February 23rd, 2005  
Joker

Topic: G36

Have to say G36 but like Vitaly said with the new 6.8 SPC.
February 24th, 2005  
bushpig1998

hmmmmm G36...droool......
August 13th, 2005  
ill be damed if i know

M16A2 good all round as far as I can gather
--
August 13th, 2005  
Craigy_Boy

L-85A2, a crackin' gat now that it works properly. Otherwise I'd take an L-1A1 SLR with the SUIT fitted.
August 13th, 2005  
LeEnfield

http://[img]http://i23.photobucket.c...optical sight.
August 13th, 2005  
KC72

on a different note lee enfield what do you make of the "bad lads army"?
August 14th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
A definition of Assault Rifle is easily seen in the German Language. It isn't the MachineGewehr or the MachinePistole or the Gewehr it is the SturmGewehr. Meaning that it isn't a machine gun or a machine pistol or a main battle rifle (which the 1903 is). It is an intermidiate and seperate entity from the two other weapons than it was designed from (SMG + Main Battle Rifle), meant to take on the best of both. Hitler himself coined the term SturmGewehr (Assault Rifle) when he was presented the first true Assault rifle the Stg44.

Plus how can the SAW be an assault rifle when it is called the Squad Automatic Weapon

Ps. Don't look to much into dictionary.com for military definitions.
You mean the MP-43. The STG-44 didn't come out until 1944. There are three models MP-43, MP-44 and STG-44. The name differences are due to factories, modifications and dates made.
August 14th, 2005  
FO Seaman

M14 or and M16/M4.
August 14th, 2005  
LeEnfield

KC72......It's a television programme, life was hard as a National Serviceman but I found it fair. The thing that strikes me the poor lads throw a wobbly and the NCO sits down and talks to them, in those days it would be straight in cells. If you were given time in the Cells you did not get paid for that time, and the length of time you spent in the cells was added to your service as you were not soldiering. If you were an idiot you could spend a very long time doing your two years. Also it should be remembered that as a National Serviceman you got about half the pay as a Regular Soldier yet often you were in the fore front of any attack that went in. To say we were p*ssed off would be an understatement, still I can't say that I did not have fun I did and 50 years on I am still in touch some of the 100 men from my old Company and we meet most years for a function and our last one was on the 6 th June.
August 16th, 2005  
clownfish

AK 47. Period.