Assault Rifle

My only deal with a bull-pup is you can't shoot it from your weak side (left side). The extrator is next to your ear. So the shells hit you. With the AR-15 you can shoot from either side. The extrator is in front of you and there is also a shell deflector to prevent it from hitting you. The only Weapon that I like other than that is the FN P90 or the old Calico SMG. They ejected the spent cartridges through the bottom.

5.56X45mm said:
My only deal with a bull-pup is you can't shoot it from your weak side (left side). The extrator is next to your ear. So the shells hit you. With the AR-15 you can shoot from either side. The extrator is in front of you and there is also a shell deflector to prevent it from hitting you. The only Weapon that I like other than that is the FN P90 or the old Calico SMG. They ejected the spent cartridges through the bottom.

Ditto.

Well the shell casing being ejected from gun on the right hand side affects most guns. Now what a bolt action rifle they are designed for right handed people. So whats all the fuss about the bullpup design ejecting only from that side.

Much like the AR-15 already. All the "new" features are already standard on the AR-15 platform. Piccatany Rails, Free Floating Barrels, Modular weapon assemblies, modular caliber conversions, and so on. If you want a heavy hititng rifle. You get a AR-15 upper chambered in 7.62X51mm. Boom, DM rifle right there. Anti-Armour Rifle, you change the upper and slap on a .50 BMG upper and use the same lower. Boom, done, NEXT! General Machine Gun. You once again change the upper and use the Aeres Shrike upper. It can use both the linked 5.56X45mm ammunition or the standard magazine just like the FN 249 SAW. If you need a pistol caliber SMG. Change the upper again to a pistol calibered one. The sky is the limit with it. And that french thing that I saw. It's not going to sell. The US Army tried that with that OCWS crap.

for me... the M-16 rifles are the best.

The newer versions of the M-16 are still in use with the US forces.

The M-16 is much like the icon of democracy and freedom.

:rambo:

[/b]

^^

you know i never thought of it that way.

The Ak-47 represents oppresion if you think about it, who uses it and who made it.

the two previous posts are so true.
for some reason the M-16 just seems right, and the AK is teh weapon of choice of "the baddies" this is probably just a hollywood stereotype which is becoming ingrain but oh well

i cant say from person experience, but teh m-16 sure looks like a nice gun!

SAINT said:
for me... the M-16 rifles are the best.

The newer versions of the M-16 are still in use with the US forces.

The M-16 is much like the icon of democracy and freedom.

:rambo:

[/b]

1963-2005, yup she kind of is.

Locke said:
the two previous posts are so true.
for some reason the M-16 just seems right, and the AK is teh weapon of choice of "the baddies" this is probably just a hollywood stereotype which is becoming ingrain but oh well

i cant say from person experience, but teh m-16 sure looks like a nice gun!

I myself have qualifed with the M16A2 and fired the M4A1. The A2 is a good gun, but the M4 is superb. It is a tried and true weapon.

The AK has been "the baddies" weapon of choice due to the USSR/Soviet Republic handing them out like candy when the "Iron Curtain" was still up.

and is the license to make them comparitvely cheap of something because if they aren't authetic AK's, there seem to be a lot of imitations out there...

Locke said:
and is the license to make them comparitvely cheap of something because if they aren't authetic AK's, there seem to be a lot of imitations out there...

Like the AMD-63

FN F2000

5.56X45=common round
Simple operation
Plenty of accessories
Reasonable light
Familiar designer
Bullpup
It looks cool!

Everything i look for.

how is it not an SMG? it fires pistol bullets...... isnt that the point of an SMG, to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto?

ghost457 said:
how is it not an SMG? it fires pistol bullets...... isnt that the point of an SMG, to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto?

Not really. The AKSU fires a smaller round than the AK-47, does that make it an SMG?

How can you say an SMG is meant "to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto". The .44 Sharps carbine fire a .44 pistol round does that make it pistol?

You can convert the M16 to fire .22, does that make it a SMG.

FN2000 isn't really an assault rifle. Look at the Colt 9mm M4, its called an SMg but it isn't an SMG.

How is the f2000 not an assault rifle? Is there a new rule i don't know about? It is 5.56, it takes a 30 round magazine, it is selective fire, it has it's own 40mm grenade launcher. It has a short barrell (400mm), does that mean it's a carbine? Is a carbine not an asault rifle?

It sure as hell isnt a candy bar.

Cadet Seaman said:
ghost457 said:

Not really. The AKSU fires a smaller round than the AK-47, does that make it an SMG?

How can you say an SMG is meant "to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto". The .44 Sharps carbine fire a .44 pistol round does that make it pistol?

You can convert the M16 to fire .22, does that make it a SMG.

No the AKSU doesn't fire a smaller cartridge. It fires the standard rifle cartridge of it's parent design. If it's a AKS-47U. It fires the 7.62X39mm M43 cartridge. And if it's a AKS-74U, it fires the 5.45X39mm cartridge. The Colt 9mm Cartridge is a SMG. It fires a pistol caliber. Just as the FNP90 fires a pistol cartridge. But the FnP90 falls under a different weapon catagory. It's a PDW. A Perosnal Denfense Weapon. So that's all a different game.

Back