Assault Rifle

COLT AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine

169162970_l.jpg

The FN2000 maybe. Those other two plastic fanstatics. Not on my watch.

The US Army dropped the XM-8 from the bid because that plastic reciever melted. And the G-36 is the daddy of that horrible piece of snot. Now I know that there are plastic parts on the AR-15. But those aren't the freaking whole rifle!

The Uk has brought out a shorter version of the SA80 Mk2, it has a range of 500 yards and is very accurate up to 400 yards. The whole gun comes in at under 36 inches and can use either a 20 or 30 round magazine. This weapon was brought in for tank crews and other vehicles that have a shortage of space but still need the hitting power of an assault rifle.

2390a8e7.gif

well, im not too picky......
M16A2
M733 (do carbines count?)
XM8
FN SCAR
G36C (again, carbines?)

i just cant decide........

German Soldier with "Infantrist der Zukunft" (=Infantrymen of the Future) equipment
action9bundesag36.jpg

German KSK (= Kommando Spezial Kräfte = Special Forces)Soldiers in Kabul Afghanistan
action7afghanksk36k.jpg

If it just work in a nice and clean environment what should these guys do when they get in trouble??? Throwing with rocks or poke their fingers up there noses????

Becaus ethe US Army has deemed that the rifle isn't up to spec for what the Army intends a battale rifle to do. The H&K G36 failed US Army trails because the barrel would heat up and melt the foregrip. Samething with the XM-8. Also soldiers have destroyed the plastic frame by simple use. While the G36 is a cool rifle for police work. It doesn't stack up when the M4 Carbine is placed next to it.

Also the reason why US Department of Homeland Secuirty uses the H&K G36 is because of contract. H&K offred the rifle cheaper than Rock River Arms or Colt. Same reason why they went with the Sig-Sauer pistol. They are replacing the Glocks and H&Ks that were with the prior departments like INS or US Customs. Money is the main issue with any government contract. If you have a great product but don't want to give it at a cheap price. They'll look for somehting else. US DEA just selected the Rock River Arms M4 Carbine as their duty rifle. And most police forces in the USA use the Colt M4 Carbine or the Bushmaster M4 Carbine.

WOW, it's nothing more than a M4 Carbine with a different rear sight and folding front sight. It's a AR-15 M4 Carbine. Nothing more nothing less. And it being shown by H&K as the New Battle Rifle for the 21st Century. We here in the USA already have had it forever. That's why we still issue them And I'll continue to take it.

stupid question.....i think :?: .... what is the difference between the m4a3 and the AR-15a3???? are they the same gun but m4 is military issue?

Also how long has the HK416 been in the states??? ;)

The H&K416 isn't being sold to civilians. But I have had one or two dropped by my store for local law enforcement. It's nothing special. Just a carbon copy of the M4 Carbine. Colt is sueing H&K for copyright infringements. The main reason has somehting to due with their marketing ads.

And the M4A3 is a M16 reciever with a different trigger, stock, and barrel. The M4 has a 14 inch barrel. The M4A3 is a M4 with a removable carry handle and it becomes a falt top. And that's what is becoming the standard of military rifles. THe US Army started that little fad. Also the M16A4 is a standard rifle with the same feature. A removeable carry handle. You can mix and match AR-15 uppers and lowers all you want. The rifle was built and designed that way over 40 years ago. It's just that now Stoner's original dream of a mudular weapon system is coming true after all this time. Look at Aeres Defense System's Shrike LMG Upper. It turns a Ar-15 rifle into a light machine gun. It can run the belt or the magazines. And what makes it really great is the fact that you don't need to buy a different weapon. Just get a Ar-15 lower and BAM! You have one great wepaon system.

Joker said:
German Soldier with "Infantrist der Zukunft" (=Infantrymen of the Future) equipment
action9bundesag36.jpg

German KSK (= Kommando Spezial Kräfte = Special Forces)Soldiers in Kabul Afghanistan
action7afghanksk36k.jpg

If it just work in a nice and clean environment what should these guys do when they get in trouble??? Throwing with rocks or poke their fingers up there noses????

How does this prove anything? The US Military dislike the SWS (Stoner Weaposn System, 1963), but Navy SEAL's and Army Green Berets loved them. They clogged easily, overheated really fast and broke too fast.

What type or rifle would you have: a standard or a bullpup rifle.

for me a want a bullpup- more compact- same or longer barrel length, and easier to carry with one hand if the other hand is busy doing something else. Example: FN2000

Back