Assault Rifle - Page 13

--

September 20th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rPh345
Long barrel doesn't always mean that the rifle is better or more accurate.
Really?
September 20th, 2005  
Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rPh345
Long barrel doesn't always mean that the rifle is better or more accurate.
Really?
Think about it, the barrel is not only the factor in accuracy, it could also be the bullet, wind and other things.
September 21st, 2005  
ghost457

but assuming that you are using the same bullets in the same environment, in similarly operated guns, then the one with the longer barrel will win in the accuracy department. the longer the barrel, the longer the bullet is controlled by the gun, so it will be more accurate.
--
September 21st, 2005  
Obvious

No two different rifles are always the same. An DSR-1 which has a 650mm barrel has same or better accuracy than an AW L96 sniper which has a 660mm and using the same bullet.
September 21st, 2005  
rotc boy

a longer barrel also means a longer time that you have to hold the gun still...u could screw up the accuracy urself...
September 23rd, 2005  
ghost457

i dont think that makes a difference. with the speed a bullet travels, it wont really affect the accuracy in that way. also, if you're trying to be really accurate, or testing the accuracy of the gun without human factors involved, it shouldnt be moving at all.
September 23rd, 2005  
BangorRamsJROTC

The Rifle, 7.62mm, FN, C1A1, is designed primarily as a personal weapon for the Canadian Forces. The C1A1 is a semi-automatic weapon which enables the operator to fire single shots at varying rates. The rifle can be fitted with a telescopic sight for sniping and long range fighting, and a bayonet for close combat.

http://www.eme421.com/fnc1a1.jpg
September 23rd, 2005  
Shadowalker

I thought the C1 had been replaced by the C7 and the smaller C8
September 24th, 2005  
BangorRamsJROTC

Yes it Has but i love the stopping power of the C1
September 24th, 2005  
major liability

Steyr AUG A3 with a 4x32 ACOG and an AG-C 40mm grenade launcher mounted on the forward Picatinny rail.