Assault Rifle - Page 12

--

August 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

M4A1 SOPMOD
August 31st, 2005  
Obvious

What makes a gun an assault rifle. A an assault rifle is a weapon capable of both semiautomatic and automatic that fires INTERMEDIATE cartriges. I dont heard anything about barrel length. F2000 is an assault rifle by right. Its like the same thing as calling an m4a1 a carbine, and not an assault rifle. Besides a carbine is a SHORTENED version of a rifle. Therefore it IS an assault rifle.
August 31st, 2005  
MrGotBeans

What can I say? I'm a sucker for sweet looking guns, so I go with the Tar-21 or the Chinese QBZ-95.

--
August 31st, 2005  
Obvious

Besides if the barrel is not long enough then how about we replace the 400m barrel on the f2000 with a 600mm huh! Would that satisfy u?
September 15th, 2005  
ExTanker

I'd pick something dependable and non-plastic: AK-74M or AK-107. Or possibly the shorter AK-105. In cal 5.45x39 Russian, a round that is less dependant on velocity (it isn't designed to fragment but to tumble, which it does even at lower speed, ie at longer distances or when fired from a short-barreled weapon) and thus can be used efficiently at both short and long distances and in weapons with a wide variety of barrel lengths.

I couldn't care less if the weapon is perceived as a symbol of democracy or oppression as long as it keeps me alive.
September 15th, 2005  
babyboy4u363

I'd chose the SA-80 L85-A2 combat assault rifle anyday. I've used it a lot and grown to love it.
September 15th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole. And to just explain, today. Firearms terms are changinh. A carbine used to be a Carbine, and a rifle was a rifle. But it's all gone goobledigook. The PRC calls the Type 56 Carbine (Chi-Com Ak-47) a carbine when it's a Rifle and they call the Type 56 Rifle (Chi-Com SKS Carbine) a Rifle when it's a Carbine. And with the whole Bull-Pup thing. It's even worse.
September 15th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Really who gives a dam as long as they do what they are designed to do.
September 17th, 2005  
mmarsh

Just out of curosity,

What is the difference between a rifle and carbine. I know that like dragoons, carbines were orginally used by horse mounted cavalry and essentially it was just a smaller and lighter rifle. But in todays day and age is their any other difference?
September 20th, 2005  
Obvious

Long barrel doesn't always mean that the rifle is better or more accurate.