Assault Rifle - Page 10




 
--
 
August 25th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
the two previous posts are so true.
for some reason the M-16 just seems right, and the AK is teh weapon of choice of "the baddies" this is probably just a hollywood stereotype which is becoming ingrain but oh well

i cant say from person experience, but teh m-16 sure looks like a nice gun!
I myself have qualifed with the M16A2 and fired the M4A1. The A2 is a good gun, but the M4 is superb. It is a tried and true weapon.

The AK has been "the baddies" weapon of choice due to the USSR/Soviet Republic handing them out like candy when the "Iron Curtain" was still up.
August 25th, 2005  
Locke
 
 
and is the license to make them comparitvely cheap of something because if they aren't authetic AK's, there seem to be a lot of imitations out there...
August 25th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
and is the license to make them comparitvely cheap of something because if they aren't authetic AK's, there seem to be a lot of imitations out there...
Like the AMD-63
--
August 26th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET
 
 
g36k scar or a AR thats a combo with gernade launcher on bottom
August 29th, 2005  
Craftsman
 
FN F2000

5.56X45=common round
Simple operation
Plenty of accessories
Reasonable light
Familiar designer
Bullpup
It looks cool!

Everything i look for.
August 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
FN2000 isn't really an assault rifle. Look at the Colt 9mm M4, its called an SMg but it isn't an SMG.
August 29th, 2005  
ghost457
 
 
how is it not an SMG? it fires pistol bullets...... isnt that the point of an SMG, to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto?
August 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
how is it not an SMG? it fires pistol bullets...... isnt that the point of an SMG, to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto?
Not really. The AKSU fires a smaller round than the AK-47, does that make it an SMG?

How can you say an SMG is meant "to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto". The .44 Sharps carbine fire a .44 pistol round does that make it pistol?

You can convert the M16 to fire .22, does that make it a SMG.
August 30th, 2005  
Craftsman
 
Quote:
FN2000 isn't really an assault rifle. Look at the Colt 9mm M4, its called an SMg but it isn't an SMG.
How is the f2000 not an assault rifle? Is there a new rule i don't know about? It is 5.56, it takes a 30 round magazine, it is selective fire, it has it's own 40mm grenade launcher. It has a short barrell (400mm), does that mean it's a carbine? Is a carbine not an asault rifle?

It sure as hell isnt a candy bar.
August 30th, 2005  
5.56X45mm
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost457
how is it not an SMG? it fires pistol bullets...... isnt that the point of an SMG, to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto?
Not really. The AKSU fires a smaller round than the AK-47, does that make it an SMG?

How can you say an SMG is meant "to fire lower-powered rounds on full-auto". The .44 Sharps carbine fire a .44 pistol round does that make it pistol?

You can convert the M16 to fire .22, does that make it a SMG.
No the AKSU doesn't fire a smaller cartridge. It fires the standard rifle cartridge of it's parent design. If it's a AKS-47U. It fires the 7.62X39mm M43 cartridge. And if it's a AKS-74U, it fires the 5.45X39mm cartridge. The Colt 9mm Cartridge is a SMG. It fires a pistol caliber. Just as the FNP90 fires a pistol cartridge. But the FnP90 falls under a different weapon catagory. It's a PDW. A Perosnal Denfense Weapon. So that's all a different game.