Assassination of Hamas leader.

Del Boy

Today's news reports assassination of top Hamas boss in Dubai. Full security camera action in operation at the time. Half a dozen suspects hunted; passport photos published, with details of comings and goings.

Last edited:
tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat, tit for tat...

and repeat for 40 years....ad nauseum.

Either way.
Making being Hammas Leader a dangerous job is a good thing.
But yeah, will most likely change nothing.
People power can be such a b1tch.

Today's news reports assassination of top Hamas boss in Dubai. Full security camera action in operation at the time. Half a dozen suspects hunted; passport photos published, with details of comings and goings.
Actually hit on Jan. 20 & reported @ end of Jan.

just another one down. doesn't matter, there are 5 more ready to take his place.

And any one of them will be twice as nasty as his predecessor... They will never stop! I am starting to think that both sides enjoy the status quo, makes it easy to tell good from bad (and of course both sides think they are the good guys)

Sorry, but I have a different take from the rest of you.

I applaud the hit squad for ridding the world of a person who targets innocent civilians (mostly women and children), because of a political or religious excuse. I personally believe that the top 100 terrorists should be at the top of a list of individuals that should be killed whenever and wherever they are found - to me they are nothing but animals (vicious animals at that), and should NOT be accorded any special consideration.

I for one am tired of reading or hearing about another terrorist attack where hundreds of civilians have been murdered, injured or maimed.

As far as I am concerned, the ONLY way to deal with terrorism, is to rid the world of terrorists. Hit squads should be applauded instead of being denounced.

The point we were (or some of us) trying to make is that after killing the top 100 you don't solve a thing. The slot will be filled by new ones which probably are twice as nasty. So what are you going to do then, just go on an endless killing spree?

Between endless killing spree and doing nothing, I elect endless killing spree.

Are Hamas:
Getting any less of a threat?
How about more open to negotiation?
Shrinking in number?
Showing signs of fragmenting?

If the answer to all these questions is "No" then the policy is failing.

I really don't care how many terrorists/freedom fighters [insert applicable word of choice here] are killed in the process hell I am not even sure that I care whether Hamas win or not as I am completely sick of the middle east and would happily nuke the lot but in the end I would imagine the smart side would realise when a plan wasn't working and change it.

Or who knows.
Maybe the other side is suffering set backs and by keeping this up they could reach a point where they decide it's not worth it.
I'm not suggesting it's a winning strategy, but I am saying, you never know, you just might get lucky.

Or who knows.
Maybe the other side is suffering set backs and by keeping this up they could reach a point where they decide it's not worth it.
I'm not suggesting it's a winning strategy, but I am saying, you never know, you just might get lucky.

I have a feeling that if hasn't worked in the last 50 years it probably wont in the next 50 years and I also suspect that as technology becomes cheaper and more powerful the chances of a successful operation move in groups like Hamas's favour so you would think the desire to reach a solution would be paramount in Israels thinking.

I think the thing most people overlook is that Israel has played all its cards, what else can they do:
- They cant nuke any of the opposition strongholds as they are on and within their own borders.
- They cant really raise the pressure on Palestinians as they have nothing left anyway and that only plays into the hands of Hamas and co in terms of recruiting.

On the whole Israel has nothing left to offer but brute force and even that is failing as has been seen by the previous two attacks on Hizbollah and Hamas and now even the Western world is starting to turn their backs as well, I actually think the last chance for any real peace died with Rabin.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have a different take from the rest of you.

I applaud the hit squad for ridding the world of a person who targets innocent civilians (mostly women and children), because of a political or religious excuse. I personally believe that the top 100 terrorists should be at the top of a list of individuals that should be killed whenever and wherever they are found - to me they are nothing but animals (vicious animals at that), and should NOT be accorded any special consideration.

I for one am tired of reading or hearing about another terrorist attack where hundreds of civilians have been murdered, injured or maimed.

As far as I am concerned, the ONLY way to deal with terrorism, is to rid the world of terrorists. Hit squads should be applauded instead of being denounced.
I presume that this also means that you disagree with Israeli terrorism against the Palestinian civil populace who actually own the land. There is any number of documented cases (often with video evidence), of humiliation, beating and gratuitous murder of women and children including recent admissions by members of the Israeli army that their soldiers have used children for sniping practice and a source of "entertainment".

Charming people these religious zealots.

Last edited:
Me,... I'm a practising Calathumpian, and I'm applying for tax free status next week.

Then I'm gunna go out and murder innocent women and children with a clear conscience. Calli told me I must....

All Hail to the great Calli!!!

Me,... I'm a practising Calathumpian, and I'm applying for tax free status next week.

Then I'm gunna go out and murder innocent women and children with a clear conscience. Calli told me I must....

All Hail to the great Calli!!!

^^^^^^^^ Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^

Between endless killing spree and doing nothing, I elect endless killing spree.

The point Ted makes is the endless killing IS to do nothing.

Hamas will almost certainly retailiate in some way, Isreal will respond again, and the cycle of violence will continue forever without ever making progress. Violence can only be politically useful if it can advance a goal, but in this case it has been proven over, and over, and over again for the past 40 years that neither Isreali nor Hamas will be able to vainquish the other through force of arms alone. Continuing this trend is like beating a dead horse. Neither side wants to see that violence is a stalemate.

If the sides want peace they are going to have to negiociate it. But the religious crazies ON BOTH SIDES absolutely refuse to recognize the exsistence of the other.

Last edited:
Back