asian destroyers ranking - Page 2

--

June 25th, 2005  
CSmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by c/Commander
They all look fairly cluttered...easy targets for an AN-SPY1A to pick up...makes them rather easy to hit. The one that isn't cluttered, the 3000-ton frigate, is too small and lightly armed to be much use against anything that isn't its size or smaller.

Do you know if these are designed as surface combatants or anti-air warfare ships? And how's their radar compare to the Aegis SPY?
052C is for air-defence, with super strong radar and HQ-7 or (s-300 on the sea missile), about it is 7000-8000 destroyer, CHina's first one, its radar system is pretty cutting-edge for china

052B ,168 is like 6000-7000 ton destroy, for anti-ship purpose, it is no different with 956E DDG, but more stealth in its design
June 25th, 2005  
CSmaster

http://photobucket.com/albums/a226/c...englihs004.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a226/c...englihs003.jpg

ok, these are some pages of this month's Kanwa

thanks swordfish buddy for finding me this good site
June 26th, 2005  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSmaster
Kanwa defence is the professiona source, and i bet if u r the reliable source, why dont u go publish some thing in a magazine

good ships won't let ppl let u see, young man

and i have to agree most of ships PLA have are pretty outdated,

but new ships like 168,169,170.171 are not what India can have

like 170 Aegis

the pictuers in kanwa shows India's Deli class's standard of engineering is not that good "the engineering standar of the hull and the russian-style 100mm gun is much inferior to the CHinese and Korean vessels. COmpare it with the PLA Navy's N.170 or 168
Sorry if you don't like what I posted but if you care to come visit me I can arrange a tour that will show you what the Chinese do not want the outside world to see. As for my age, be careful of your assumptions, they tend to have a way of biting someone in their fourth point of contact.
--
June 26th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Sorry if you don't like what I posted but if you care to come visit me I can arrange a tour that will show you what the Chinese do not want the outside world to see.
unless you have something solid to back up what you said, pictures perhaps, then making promises that no one is likely to hold you up to is hardly impressive as far as your convincing goes

i can just as easily swear that i saw kdx ii being made out of card board, and promise that if you come to south korea right now and somehow find me i'll show you
June 26th, 2005  
bulldogg

It is not intended as an empty invitation. Last year a couple people took me up on it, we went and saw the aging destroyer fleet of the dongbei (NE), the jump-jet carrier purchased from Russia three years ago which hasn't left port in Dalian as it rusts into oblivion, then down to Shantou (closest airbase to Taiwan) where the entire strike force is viewable, all 24 Mig-21's. And not to forget the camouflage "fuel tank" with over three dozen microwave, UHF and VHF antennas sticking out of it. As for backing it up with visual aids, like I said the camera got confiscated and I learn from my mistakes. If you don't want to believe me sobeit, but thems the facts and you're not so far off if ya wanna swing by for a visit. Door's always open.
June 26th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
It is not intended as an empty invitation. Last year a couple people took me up on it, we went and saw the aging destroyer fleet of the dongbei (NE), the jump-jet carrier purchased from Russia three years ago which hasn't left port in Dalian as it rusts into oblivion, then down to Shantou (closest airbase to Taiwan) where the entire strike force is viewable, all 24 Mig-21's. And not to forget the camouflage "fuel tank" with over three dozen microwave, UHF and VHF antennas sticking out of it. As for backing it up with visual aids, like I said the camera got confiscated and I learn from my mistakes. If you don't want to believe me sobeit, but thems the facts and you're not so far off if ya wanna swing by for a visit. Door's always open.
i've seen the chinese fleets back in 04, i appreciate your offer

you mentioned the carrier, im not sure which one. should be the Varyag right? it's not apart of the navy or even the chinese military. it's under private ownership and it was purchased for scrap so i would imagine it wouldnt be very well kept

and no, Shantou airforce base is not the closest airforce base to Taiwan

Fujian province is the closest to Taiwan, Shantou is in Guangdong province
June 26th, 2005  
CSmaster

Quote:
Shandong is closest to Taiwan?

lol....go read the map before u talk

and back up ur "theory" with professional source and pictures
June 27th, 2005  
bulldogg

C'mon CS, read.

Ok, Queens Ranger (BTW, per your moniker, are you pro-british or just anti-american? )
Might be wrong about the Taiwan proximity issue. If you look on a flat map it appears Fujian province is closest but on the globe I am looking at it appears that Shantou is closer.

As for the AirForce base, what people who have not been to China may not realize is that every airport is a PLA Air Force base and then they also have some that are only Air Force. I found this out during my first trip south, it was a VERY unnerving feeling looking out my window watching a MIG roll up on a parallel runway and take off just ahead of us.

It is the Varyag in Dalian but reading the following reports here though dated are still relevant as it is slated to possibly be completed and put into use by the PLA Navy.

http://www.strategycenter.net/resear...pub_detail.asp

http://english.people.com.cn/200212/...6_108061.shtml

http://www.varyagworld.com/
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

en.....

so the ship you saw was Varyag ??

oh come on man, anyone who knows something about chinese military can see taht China's primary navy direction is to focus on submarine and medium size blue water navy ships like destroyers,

but still , i have to agree with you

except those 400 some 3rd generation figher-bombers, china's airfoce is still very outdated

so is the navy, mostly 80s' ships,
June 27th, 2005  
bulldogg

The two ships I saw in dry dock were not the Varyag which is in Dalian harbor proper. These were in Lushun. A friend there of Indian decent has a factory in the area which was grandfathered in and remained when the PLA militarised the area. They produce hydraulic pumps and he invited me out to have a look see and the subsequent butt chewing for bringing a camera. One was a destroyer and the other was on the order of a cruiser though I am not a Navy man and it may have just been a very large destroyer but they were definite "rust buckets". Made me miss my old DatsunB210.