Asian Aerospace 2006

That's cool if they have B-1. I have never seen B-1 in person. But I'm not going there but I like to.

oh! I heard from my friend that when he went to UK, a harrier flew so low that he could see the pilot's face!

Unfortunatly I am not going to the airshow, but I do see alot of aircraft flying over my city everyday.
First of all, there is a blackhawk that flys back and forth in front of my house all the time. Sometimes there is an Yas'ur 2000 (Israeli version of the American CH-53) flying by aswell. A UH-1 passes over my house quite often aswell. Sometimes an AH-1 Cobra or an AH-64 Apache pass by.
When we were playing soccer on the field, I saw 2 AH-64s flying above the sea. And there is at least one F-16 patrolling over the city. Once 3 F-16s flying in a triangle formation flew above the city. The F-16 go to supersonic speeds over the city (but at high altitudes only ofcorse) and you hear loud booms that shake the windows when they pass Mach 1.

Wow, that's cool, Shocktroop. I wish F-16 would fly over my house. That would be cool.

Wow, that's cool, Shocktroop. I wish F-16 would fly over my house. That would be cool.

When I was in CA some F-18s would pass over area frome time to time the it is pretty cool to watch.

We have a large Air Force presence in Alaska, so naturally we have kick ass air shows :). During one of them, I was washing my car at home (15 miles away from the base) when an F-117 flew right over my house, but it was so quiet I thought it was another plane miles out.

When I lived in Brussels, a Blackhawk-sized helicopter flew past my house twice each day. I'm not sure what helicopter it was. Could have been a CH-53, or maybe a Agusta A-109

Rabs said:
I bet you were thinking "Gosh i wish i had a stinger"

You read my mind there :D

The bastard sometimes woke me up from my afternoon naps and it was probably a high-ranking general stealing the taxpayer's money by having a military helicopter pick him up rather than driving to work himself. I believe it was travelling from Tervuren (a community just outside Brussels) to Evère (a district in Brussels), where NATO HQ is located.

zander_0633 said:
hehe! BTW I have just went to the Asian Aero Space! I will post the pics up very soon!

Thanks, dude

Lookin forward to seeing them!

Last edited:
Maytime said:
We have a large Air Force presence in Alaska, so naturally we have kick ass air shows :). During one of them, I was washing my car at home (15 miles away from the base) when an F-117 flew right over my house, but it was so quiet I thought it was another plane miles out.

Maytime, how far are you from Ft. Greely? I went to Bolio Lake Arctic Testing facility down the highway from Greely. I didn't have time to go on the main fort, a piece of IIR gear I was working on crapped out and I spent too long at Bolio to see much. I stayed in Delta Junction at a very, how can I say this, quaint motel.

asianaerospace20060012rs.jpg

Here is one of the pics!
asianaerospace20060159it.jpg

I got a question! When are we gonna get to see F-22's and F-35's at airshows? Hope it's not a stupid question, but I've never heard of an airshow that showcased either of them.

I saw the F-35 at the airshow, but I did not take any pics of it! I didn't even went into it and seat in it! Well tough luck. I will surely take the pics of it at the next airshow!

Back