ashes tour

:cen: that was close
me and some mates were watching it, what a nail biting finish.
pity abt the bodyline bowling but other than that, what a way for the tail to wag!!!!

Yea lee played really well, if warne hadnt walked onto his stumps you probably would of won. im glad you didnt tho will make the series a bit more interesting.

yeah what a stupid way to go out.
i liked warneys press conference:
"I hate losing. I donlt like hating things, but i hate losing. I'll be trying to fight as much as I can and whatever happens, happens," said Warne. "If England wins I'll shake their hands and say 'I'll see you at Old Trafford
finally, some good attitiude from him!!

my goodness what a series this is turning out to be!!!
who would have thought that we would actually bat out the entire day?? i know i didn't!!! what a knock by ponting, pity no one else made a substantial score, tho his partnerships with Clarke and Warne were vital. right up until you got clarke out, i thought we might actually win it. and then the hope went. and then with punter and warnie in and with 82 to get off 70smth we had a chance, pity we didn't have another wicket or two up our sleve to allow us to hit out a bit. its amazing how close we almost came, considering how much we had to get.
full credit to Flintoff, Harmison and Jones, what can you say, 3 amazing bowlers, i wish we had them!!!! and that catch by G. Jones, WOW!! thats a nice way to redeem yourself!!!! the Poms fielding was a bit sloppy overall, but hey, the Aussies batting is far worse than your fielding so meh, who cares!!! see you next match!!!

When you have queues right around the ground to get in, then what they are dishing up is first rate entertainment

aparently they turned away at least another 20,000!! its a pity the ground wasn't the size of the MCG, then you would have fit them all in!!
that said, the noise those 21,000 were making was amazing, im glad im not an aussie batsman, the noise was deafening

Don't want to tempt fate, but it's looking good :D

Live: England v Australia
FIFTH TEST - MATCH SUMMARY (The Oval, Day 5):
England 373 & 309-8 v Australia 367
England lead by 315 runs - POSSIBLE 29 OVERS LEFT
Full scorecard
Latest match photos

Kevin Pietersen hit 158 on the final day at The Oval as England closed on the draw they need to win their first Ashes series since 1987.

He shared a stand of 109 with Ashley Giles to take England's lead over 300 with too little time left for Australia to chase a total.

Pietersen survived three dropped catches, the easiest by Shane Warne at slip when he had made just 15.

Earlier, Glenn McGrath and Warne shared five wickets to make England sweat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4236806.stm

_40790392_fans200245pa.jpg

_40792068_pietersen_50300.jpg

_40792416_pietersenton_ap300.jpg

_40793290_flinty_win200245.jpg

A great game, played by great sportsmen. Thank you Australia for a entertaining series which you played with great sportsmanship. They filled the grounds and were very entertaining and did the game a great deal of good.

they will be coming home in 2 years, mark my words!!!!

LOL aparently on the final day the english crowd were chanting "all you can do is swim" those :cen:
very funny guys!!!

lol
that guy is a gun

aparently he said something along the lines of "you dont want to see me later cuz im a pain in the ass when i get pissed and i plan on getting really pissed tonight!!"

Back