**arts thread**

Prince

i havent seen any other art thread round so i thought i'd start one. if anyone has any artwork...anything artistic at all, from writing to graphics post em here and you might get a good comment, or constructive critism who knows? :D

i write poetry so i guess i'll post some here everynow and then
my contribution :

holding you tight
watching you play
the silance as time goes by
as the sun sets on another day.

im falling
into a place never been before
im trying to reach high above
to a place never seen before.

if you knew how i felt
if you saw inside my head
i think you'd run but...
maby you'd love me instead?

i am unsure
about how to say how i feel
much too soon to make it real?
tell you everything my heart feels?
or show you just how much i care?

im going to hold you again
and never let you go
you wont venture from my grasp
because you will never know
just how much you mean to me.

yes...i might seem an arrigant lil bugger at times...but i am a softy i admit.

hey thats not too bad at all this is a drawing i did one day at work
1448372167_m.jpg

A picture I made some time ago. Notice the pair of folded hands in the lower right corner of the picture.

intro.jpg

Last edited:
awesome two pictures:thumb:
i like the theme in your one sunshine, and is that a breast cancer sign in the right hand middle? not sure what it is

this should go under military writing, as it's part of a novel I've been working on (up to about 510 pages right now) It's short, I know, but it's all I have on this computer.

Malachi Excerpts starting from 12/11/06

Deer

It was standing in the clearing, not twenty yards from Alexei. A sad-eyed creature, the cold in its bones evident in its pallor and sickly demeanor, it was destined for death. Yet at the same time, though each its ribs could counted from fifty paces, it was as beautiful a doe as any Alexei had seen in his boyhood in the mountains. The doe would run to about eighty pounds- a pitiful amount of meat, but enough to sustain him for the time. Weak from hunger, it staggered, drunkard-like, in ever-widening circles. To Alexei, it seemed that the ground would swallow it up at any moment like some choice morsel on a frosted glass plate.
Petrov dropped to a knee -here, in the snow, with the temperature flying from the body like a lonely sparrow, death was a welcome friend. He had learned that, had heard its siren call in his own ear, but he was too stubborn a soul to bow to Time.
Growing up a poor boy in the Caucasus, he had brought many an animal to the table to his family. He had never truly enjoyed killing the animals, but delighted in the thrill of the hunt and the light in his widow mother’s eyes when the fruits of his labors graced the table.
The doe’s plaintive eyes cast a glance in his direction. He had felled others like it, to be sure- gaunt, haggard animals whose anguished motions in the cold caught his pity. Alexei raised the rifle; the weight of the arm felt good against his shoulder. It was as though he were again a critically thin teenaged boy plying his woodcraft again, so often had he repeated the scene that was to follow. The conical ears of the deer swept forward mulishly. It kicked out a back leg into the snow. Alexei took up the initial pull on the trigger. That weight, too, felt good upon his index finger. Steadily, trying to suppress his now ragged breathing, he lined the iron sights just behind the front shoulder.
The shot was too easy to miss. Like nearly all other similar shots he had made in his day, Petrov never heard the report. There was only the blow to his shoulder from the recoil, and the weakness in the knees after such an act. He heard the aftershock of the initial report, a dull thing played on the wind, to him a dismal echo of the last few moments of a life. His quarry had not made it twenty yards.
Ahead, the doe lay in its death throes in the snow. Moving towards the deer, he could see why. Looking past the crimson trail in the snow, he saw his entrance wound. The adrenaline had taken him, caused him to fire into the shoulder- fragmenting the clavicle and entering the lungs, but not killing cleanly. The doe gave a low bleat.
Petrov committed another act he was well used to- finishing off the wounded. He brought the butt of the rifle across the doe’s head; it lay still. Then, again, he butt-stroked the doe across the neck where it met the withers, and heard the vertebrae crack. The deed was done.

this is another couple of paragraphs, I'll be posting this chapter as I finish it. Hope yall enjoy it. I plan to bring the document in its entirety to publication within one year.

He set about the next labor slowly. It was now mid-day, and the sun was nearing its fulcrum point in the sky. With the pocketknife he had pilfered from the GUIN, he stripped as much skin as the pitiful blade allowed from the carcass. Quickly he settled into the rhythmic monotony of cutting and peeling, cutting and peeling. Slice, rip, rip, grunt and curse and stutter in relief at this wonderful gift from the god of war above. Blood, lukewarm now in the cold, ran over his hands as it had so many times prior. Alexei vividly recalled his mother anointing his forehead similarly at his first kill.
Petrov took enough meat from the doe as circumstance allowed- it was, as he had guessed, about eighty pounds and thin. That gave him about thirty to forty pounds tops, if he worked meticulously and scraped every last tidbit of muscle from the bone. He paused long enough to clean a large chunk of hide with the snow and kindle a fire on cleared ground. Alexei shaped the hide into a rough bowl and set it above the fire by skewering it on a few handy, hardy scrub plants, then poured a few handfuls of snow into his new cooking pot. Petrov made his camp there and placed with the utmost care a piece of backstrap in the hide pot, and lay there listening to the fire and smelling the distinct odor of burning hair.

I like, I like. Tell me what you think of this song I"m working on.

I Paid My Dues
12/02/06
1st Verse
I went out on the ocean
back when I was seventeen.
stood on a deck of hope
in some bay of broken dreams.
Older brother told me
“Boy there’s somethin’ you should know,
don’t judge a man ‘til you look into his soul.”
I said, “wait a minute,
I don’t think I understand”
He just threw a line out
and let it sink down in the sand.
“Now son, I know damnwell
that’s a lie.
Let me set you straight now, while you’re
right here by my side.

Chorus
I’ve seen my days,
and I’ve had to pay
the price of livin’ life.
Been up and down,
got lost and found
never had a softer side.
But I came and went,
Got tired and spent,
And I paid my dues
now what I got is mine to lose.
And boy, I paid my dues.

2nd Verse
I walked a little further down
that golden street called life
Got down on hard luck
and had my share of strife.
Found that road ain’t paved in gold
Found souls can get so cold.

I have nothing to contribute myself, but my friend is a pretty good artist. Here are two of her works:

"Solo Flight"
solo_flight.jpg

"Sky meets Sea II"
sky_meets_sea_II.jpg

I like, I like. Tell me what you think of this song I"m working on.

I Paid My Dues
12/02/06
1st Verse
I went out on the ocean
back when I was seventeen.
stood on a deck of hope
in some bay of broken dreams.
Older brother told me
“Boy there’s somethin’ you should know,
don’t judge a man ‘til you look into his soul.”
I said, “wait a minute,
I don’t think I understand”
He just threw a line out
and let it sink down in the sand.
“Now son, I know damnwell
that’s a lie.
Let me set you straight now, while you’re
right here by my side.

Chorus
I’ve seen my days,
and I’ve had to pay
the price of livin’ life.
Been up and down,
got lost and found
never had a softer side.
But I came and went,
Got tired and spent,
And I paid my dues
now what I got is mine to lose.
And boy, I paid my dues.

2nd Verse
I walked a little further down
that golden street called life
Got down on hard luck
and had my share of strife.
Found that road ain’t paved in gold
Found souls can get so cold.

I really like you're song, just wish I knew the melody

im a poet, i have been all my life
heres a few of my best

Throw it all away
You f***ed me up and f***ed me over
Now I go through hell
I won’t do this s*it for you
I won’t let you hurt her again
Solve one problem and get another
I guess that’s just life
F*** it all
I don’t want it
Just f*** me up again
Your bulls*its getting old
And my patience is wearing thin
I just want to die
So take it all away
Just throw it all away

Is it really better to burn out?
Then to simply fade away
Sometimes I wonder
Why to not simply drift into oblivion
Does anything really matter?
No one knows what happens after life
So why worry?
We all live in fear
But in the end it doesn’t matter
Nothing really matters

I love her
And I know that its real
But can I trust her
Can I give my heart away again
What if its stolen, and smashed and scarred
But what if she feels the same
And brushes away the dirt and stains
Sews up the rips
And fills the cracks with love
Yes
I need to try
I need to give love another chance

I love you
I only say it when I mean it
And I really mean it
If you never believe another word I say
Believe these three

When my life ends
And nothing is left
Just know one thing
I lived for you
And died for you
Loved you in every way

tell me what u think...i have som that are more say...happy? if u want more, pm me

Back