Artillery: The King of battle.... :)

WOW

Wow, 52 whole tanks....! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im sorry admin, that funny to me...We have like, 1500....(According to foreighn press...I dont know how many...)

But you live in a country that is pretty much in a constant state of war and needs a strong military presence throughout it's territory, while Norway pretty much only needs a small but powerful reaction force to be sent to different hot zones, as they are not in danger at home (correct me if I'm wrong about that Redleg :lol: ).

Coclusion

Conclusion-We should take over Norway and date all of the fine Scandinvian chicks!Common Redneck, what do say? :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

I say wait till all those 155s are in a different part of the world, not really big on the idea of catching one of those up the tailpipe :lol: .

Redneck said:
But you live in a country that is pretty much in a constant state of war and needs a strong military presence throughout it's territory, while Norway pretty much only needs a small but powerful reaction force to be sent to different hot zones, as they are not in danger at home (correct me if I'm wrong about that Redleg :lol: ).

You are absolutely correct Redneck.
That's what we are leaning towards more and more.
Our "goal" seems to be some kind of rapid reaction Brigade we can send abroad on a short notice (we have one battalion now), as one unit, or spilt it up into battalions and send it to different places.
By aiding our allies abroad, we try to ensure that they comes to our aid if we ever should need them.
We don't have many (any?) enemies here right now, but Norways coastline, oil, fishing resources can/could be very tempting to control for some nations....

That's why we buy a lot of new and modern equipment now.
Leopard 2s, Panzerhaubitze 2000, New Frigates, C2IS, Medium range AT, new rifles etc....
Fewer soldiers, but much more modern and efficient hardware and software...

And Sherman; I dare you to try.... :rambo:

lol

Should we start a Israel Vs Norway:Total War thread? This time Id say we can all agree there is no way that would happen... :lol:

Re: lol

sherman105 said:
Should we start a Israel Vs Norway:Total War thread? This time Id say we can all agree there is no way that would happen... :lol:

A summer or Winter war??? ;)
You wouldn't last 2 days here in the middle of the winter.. :lol:

Thats what you think

Thats what you think....We have 1,000,000 russian-jews in Israel....We will send the ones that are in the IDF right now...thats like, a divison...

So?

They have been too long in Israel, need at least 6 months to get used to the cold again.. :D

Again: So??...

Look what happened to them in Finland during WW2.
Norwegians and Finns are not much different.. :rambo: :rambo: ;)

common.

You really want to mess with people who ar Russian and Israeli at the same time...Dang, you got guts....

Re: common.

sherman105 said:
You really want to mess with people who ar Russian and Israeli at the same time...Dang, you got guts....

Come and git sum... :rambo:

I'll just have to dig up that old Berserker Mushroom soup recipe... :viking:

Re: common.

Redleg said:
sherman105 said:

Come and git sum... :rambo:

I'll just have to dig up that old Berserker Mushroom soup recipe... :viking:

LOL :p

Re: WOW

SHERMAN said:
Wow, 52 whole tanks....! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im sorry admin, that funny to me...We have like, 1500....(According to foreighn press...I dont know how many...)

Tanks are mostly useless or at least limited in norwegian or finnish terrain where infantry rules. In desert warfare tanks are required and the must. Try to fight tanks on open desert terrain with only infantry troops ;) We get our own armor brigades dispanded until 2008 and transformed to smaller tank detachments since brigades have been proven to be too sluggish units and jaeger battalion seems to beat armor battalion clearly. In local terrain enemy tanks are not the problem but the infantry covering them is and beating infantry first is the key to win the fight.

I see the local terrain and climate only as good thing because it gives a great advantage to defender and infantry units wich are much cheaper to arm and equip than modern tank units and even smaller countries can afford them and perhaps even enough. 8)

Nice pics Redleg! I especially liked the one that clearly illustrates my screen name here he he

Guess you never heard of direct fire, huh, Sherman? It's practiced by artillery all the time for the event enemy tanks are encountered. We have other means of taking out tanks directly as well of course.

Pogue, infantry is indeed the Queen of Battle. The King puts the balls where the Queen wants them.

Final note: You all look like targets to me.

Back