Article: Gangs in the military

I knew of that when I served, and I separated in Dec. 1992. If you saw all the anti-white racism that was there, damn. You have the enemy in front of you only to find you cannot rely on the men behind you. If you're lucky they simply won't support you. Otherwise you have enemies on to fronts.
Pretty sad.

I knew of that when I served, and I separated in Dec. 1992. If you saw all the anti-white racism that was there, damn. You have the enemy in front of you only to find you cannot rely on the men behind you. If you're lucky they simply won't support you. Otherwise you have enemies on to fronts.
Pretty sad.

Mid late 90's Fort Knox was ate the hell up with Vice Lords and Ft Carson had a bad Crips problem. In 99 I went to Knox as a Civilian LEO to help conduct training for PMO and CID on Gang Enforcement.

Mid late 90's Fort Knox was ate the hell up with Vice Lords and Ft Carson had a bad Crips problem. In 99 I went to Knox as a Civilian LEO to help conduct training for PMO and CID on Gang Enforcement.
Yup. I remember in my company we had a Puerto Rican gang member, a couple KKK, three or four different gangs (one from Chicago, two from LA and one from the Bronx), and a Mormon.

The last one had everyone terrified. He kept offering to baptize us, but then would ask if we have any SCUBA experience....

I am sure this happens to every country (probably at a lesser extent).

I think heightening the training requirements and making so many background checks would be a good start to prevent this from becoming a much bigger issue. The heightened training requirements would be a natural wash-out of many future recruits, which will result in levels of gang members in the Armed Forces to decrease. The background checks will make it so much of a hassle to those who do not want to be in the military for the right reasons to stay in it (of course assuming no major corruption in the recruiters and those who take care of this job).

All in all, it will be hard keeping gangs from joining the military. If the 2nd Amendment wasn't there, I don't think we would have such a problem with gangs as we have now, yet so many people will fight for their rights to have a gun. People complain about violence in America, well, then ban the freaking thing causing a majority of it.

I am sure they will find some way to fix this. It is not good if a Gang member wises up on how to evade law enforcement because the military taught them how to. The military teaches how to use cover and other strategic things in gun fights. It can also heighten, awareness of gangs and make them harder to be convicted and make them more organized. This is indeed an issue that needs addressing, but I don't think it is so huge of a problem, that it needs to be bloated.

On a more off-topic view
Gangs are often hard to fight (especially in rich countries with so much freedom). So many gangs are attracted to US, because that is "where the money is at" and our justice system really tries to protect the people. If we were like China (law-wise), we wouldn't be having this problem to this extent. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I support China's law and the way the enforce it. I am saying, US is so tolerant and loves freedom, maybe too much?

Ex. Too much freedom and your kids will do whatever they like whenever they feel like. That is basically how USA is.

Too strict and you can cause your kids to go rebellious (If someone tried tightening the US laws and such for the good of the people, the people will say its rights are threatened and can come to a rebellion quickly. Gun rights activist are an example, so paranoid about their guns getting taken, they speak like conspirators.)

It is hard to get that middle part of laws. US has had so much freedom for so long, any real way to fix its problems will cause a massive amount of unrest. We been off the leash too long...

semiautomatic-handgun-loaded-800X800.jpg

Problem solved.

I am sure this happens to every country

No.

IF you are an unconvicted gangmember that makes it through the system while joining.
Manage to steer through Boot AND AIT without showing your true persona and without reforming to a productive young man.

Then something is seriously wrong.

No.

IF you are an unconvicted gangmember that makes it through the system while joining.
Manage to steer through Boot AND AIT without showing your true persona and without reforming to a productive young man.

Then something is seriously wrong.

Just because you haven't heard of a case and none reached the public eye doesn't mean it didn't happen or is not happening. Whatever though.

If that is so in your country, then explain to me what the USA is doing wrong? Also you have to remember our country is much bigger, leaks like that will occur no matter what.

Regardless of that. Do you not think the solution of upping the training requirements, performing many more background checks, and enforce the fact that people should report peope who they think or know is in a gang?

EDIT: Matter of fact, I will put some research into it and see if there are no cases of gang activity in the military for other countries. (I will start with NATO the Russia and China)

Last edited:
If that is so in your country, then explain to me what the USA is doing wrong? Also you have to remember our country is much bigger, leaks like that will occur no matter what.

A military reflects the society it represents.

Military selection is designed to keep the criminals out.
Military training at basic levels are designed to get the applicant to show their true persona under preasure.
Military people are mostly a cross section of the citizens of it´s country. (or are at least supposed to be.

If someone have dodged LE, skid through basic and AIT without being thrown out on their ass the system is at fault, not the individual.

No need for the armed forces to train criminals in combat operations.
End of story.

//KJ.

Military selection is designed to keep the criminals out.
Military training at basic levels are designed to get the applicant to show their true persona under preasure.
Military people are mostly a cross section of the citizens of it´s country. (or are at least supposed to be.

If someone have dodged LE, skid through basic and AIT without being thrown out on their ass the system is at fault, not the individual.

No need for the armed forces to train criminals in combat operations.
End of story.

They get a lot of their recruits from the neighbourhoods where gangs are prevalent.

It is a shock to them because in the minds of many Americans, it is impossible that anything outside of America is an improvement over anything inside of America.

It is a shock to them because in the minds of many Americans, it is impossible that anything outside of America is an improvement over anything inside of America.

It isn't shocking, but you can't say it is impossible that a gang member can go into at least one country's military other than America :p. Even if it is one case that I find.

By far I believe America is a horrible place when compared to certain aspects of other countries. You can't walk down the street of New York City at 7PM-10PM (curfew) without fear of being mugged, so I hope your statement wasn't refering to me. I don't have a hard time knowing where a country exeeds ours and the bigger the country, the more the problems.

Now to get on how this matter is hard to fix. The 1 amendment makes it really hard to crack down on people who is in a gang. If they where a gang tattoo they can say "freedom of expression" and they can't be touched lol.

The 2nd amendment holds a great deal of problems but I heard Great Britains crime rose once they made firearms illegal (probably just critics stating that).

Too be honest, there is probably no easy way to fix this since it been happening for some time. As I said, "America been off the leash too long". Any time the leash tries to come back on for the greater good, people will try to fight it.

PS: still researching as it is hard to find anything about another country. Even typing a specific country in google, US comes up.

Maybe not you specifically but it is what I get a lot.
I tell them that life is pretty good in many places and they react like I have just stated that pigs can fly.

Back