"Art?"

This is a huge bunch of bullsh*t there!!!! They have a big screw loose!!! I hope that it comes from doing to much drugs and that they where not born that stupid.
But maybe we are just not intellectuell enough to get the full dimension of this great way of art and international understanding.

Joker

We get a lot of this stuff here, and it earns characters multi-millions; pickled animal carcases etc.

Well, in my opinion, it may be a lot things best left undescribed, but one thing it certainly ain't is Art!

To call it Art is fraudulent.

this sure as h*ll aint art! yet, somehow, these people make a bunch of money off crap like this. its beyond me why people will pay to see it.

It may be considered "Art" to some... But I certainly don't agree.
It's irritating when crazy people get to use Art as an excuse for their behavior.

Agreed. You can fool some of the people all of time, and all of the people some of the time.

The pickled dead sheep guy, reckons that he sold a human skull which he had stuck all over with diamonds for $100 dollars earlier this year. That may be a lot of money but in my opinion it still ain't Art.

We had this conversation today, and it goes for most all arts and philosophy majors:

A proper final should contain one question: How do you plan to be a productive part of society with a degree in art or philosophy?

75% of the time the correct response is: "Too high to give a proper answer."

No offense, we just brought that up as a joke and I thought it fitting to the absurdity of considering body lice art.

This type of thing reminds me of a case about 20 years ago (correct me if you wish) where there was a new piece of artwork hanging in the Guggenheim Gallery. It was the usual piece of "art" that looked like the result of an explosion in a paint factory.

Never the less all the arty crafty's were raving about it's great composition and whatever else they imagined they saw in it, until the artist came to see it hanging in the gallery.

The artist was horrified,... "But, you've got it hanging upside down"!... So much for artistic interpretation.

This is not art. But I'm sure some gangstas would love to get their hands on that diamond-encrusted skull. Hell, that's the main objective of fiddy's new video game.

That's what happens when the arts are funded by the government. If the artist depends on his/her artwork for an occupation, there will be less of this crap.

That's what happens when the arts are funded by the government. If the artist depends on his/her artwork for an occupation, there will be less of this crap.

Some Government funded artists are actually quite good. The Murals in Washington and Seattle are government sponsored. European Governments give all sorts of grants for starving artists.

Last edited:
Some Government funded artists are actually quite good. The Murals in Washington and Seattle are government sponsored. European Governments give all sorts of grants for starving artists.

If they are truly gifted, they can provide for themselves using free market values, otherwise, they are a farce in the world of the arts.

Back