Army's going digital!!

Interesting indeed. It's a small picture, but I think it looks pretty good. Hope you guys in Iraq get the extra protection soon. (and the Dutch guys get it too)

The new uniform makes more use of Velcro, and the coat fastens in front with a zipper instead of buttons.

Velcro = noise

Soldiers also will get a new, no-shine, tan combat boot, and the current black boots will be discontinued.

Black shiny boots look sharper.

:?

Redleg said:
What's wrong with green???
Don't like the color of it! :?

Agreed, it looks like a concreate block thats walking around with a gun. I dont see how it give cammo in the desert? Are there concrete in the desert? Im just puzzeld. Also whats up with the word "digital"? :?

NASCAR meets Third Reich.
ACU2004-06-14.jpg

SFC Kirk, Star Ship Enterprise, at your service!

At least it is versatile. You can wear your EIB, Jump Wings, and Scuba bubble while in garrison .. then switch it up with your CIB, HALO and Pathfinder for that night on the town. I know wearing those skill badges always helped me on raids.

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/uploads/large/zipper2004-06-14.jpg

Warning: Large photo. "We shall be invisible - except for that bright red white and blue flag."

There are some good changes - but still, I must ask .. wtf were they thinking?

I guess this is what I get for making fun of the new AF "Streetfighter" BDUs. I like the zippers and velcro though, those buttons were always such a bother to iron around.

Sweet mother of mercy, the Army hates us.

Redneck said:
I guess this is what I get for making fun of the new AF "Streetfighter" BDUs. I like the zippers and velcro though, those buttons were always such a bother to iron around.

Sweet mother of mercy, the Army hates us.

Zipper and velcro are the two biggest problems. Zippers break, get stuck, make noise - buttons don't and are easy to sew back on .. velcro, makes noise, collects lint, and I love me badges will be falling off all of the time on patrols if they are allowed to wear them outside of garrison.

You don't have to worry about ironing anymore - the new NASCAR BDUs are wrinkle free!

(Happy he's in the Corps, now) :lol:

RnderSafe said:
You don't have to worry about ironing anymore - the new NASCAR BDUs are wrinkle free!

(Happy he's in the Corps, now) :lol:

:lol:
I'm just waiting on the velcro fasteners for our boots, can't be far now. Pretty soon it will be a full on stripper tear-away uniform. YEEHA! Get me a job on the side.

(I forgot to add this: ";)" to my previous post. :lol: )

hopefully they dont have to change the uniform cause i like the bdus they blend in to my enviroment :cen: :evil: this get me so mad and tickked off they better not make the change

Am I the only one who feels this uniform is sort of a scary throwback to facist uniforms?

I'm not sure if ya salute a guy in this uniform or give a Sieg Heil?????

Actually that was my first impression of it too :lol:

Just hope the test brigade gives it a negative evaluation and they dump the whole udea :?

Back