Army's going digital!!

Guys...this is no uniform....these are undergarnments! :lol:
I quote the article: "The new uniform was designed in part to accommodate the new Interceptor body armor".
You are going to be comfy thanks to theese pajamas under your new body armor (supposed to stop 30 cal :?: )
But off duty...my god...it looks like a Startrek or other Spaceball movie suit..."Mandarin" collar, zippers, velcros, baggy cut jacket...are the pants low cut and do they come with the wallet and the long chain to fish it up from the back pocket? :lol:
Leave it to staff to design combat gear...I am sure in DC, the guys who experimented it really liked the ease of dressing and undressing back to civvies the zippers and velcro provided.
A question: how come every country uses a computer generated camo pattern and we all end up with different colors and shapes???
Does it make sense to you?

In my opinion, the uniform is very nice, what's wrong with it? I don't care if it's a nazi or other style, if it's going to protect the lives of the troops on the front!

Eric said:
A question: how come every country uses a computer generated camo pattern and we all end up with different colors and shapes???
Does it make sense to you?
I guess that it's because all countries give those computers different parameters.

After holding back for a while, im letting loose:

WTF?!

That is one wierd looking uniform....Now, I know, I know....IDF soldiers dont look too sharp either...But these things look like the uniforms bad guys had on in lame ars 80's action movies....What happaned to green?! How manny dammned gray trees do you see out there?! I mean whats up with this color?! Now, other than that, Valcro is problamatic....Not that it matters, because there isa special effect on the enemy....I mean, if someone charged at me with that thing on Id laugh my self to death.... :D

sherman105 said:
What happaned to green?! How manny dammned gray trees do you see out there?!
I just got it! I understand the colors! It's because in the future there will be no green trees left because of pollution! The US army is just thinking ahead! :D ;)

Anyone remember the mini-series and movie "V" ..? Color the uniforms red (without the digimon pattern), add some retro black boots, and I swear it is the exact same design.

RnderSafe said:
Anyone remember the mini-series and movie "V" ..? Color the uniforms red (without the digimon pattern), add some retro black boots, and I swear it is the exact same design.

Yeah i noticed that too! And for whoever made comment about "as long as it saves lives" ...yeah how many times have out soldier been nailed by a roadside bomb and thought, "If ony I had a chairman Mao collar, or a camo suit that looked like one of the Empires Cronies in Star wars......then I would be safe!"

What keeps soldiers alive is, mobility, firepower, intelligence, and training......

The new armor is not thicker then a humveee....and we know what Ak's and rockets do to humvees.

photo-dianalydia.jpg

gal.1.army.jpg

Back